OT: CANON "P" RF Question

Steve...

All three framelines are present in the finder at all times (therefore, the reason for the term "non-selectable". Your lens has no effect on the image in the finder - just use the appropriate one for the lens in use. However, the nicest part is that the "P" has a 1.0 viewfinder - so if you are "right-eyed", you can leave your left open as well - no squinting. If your "P" is in nice shape, it makes for a very convenient experience.

Best,

KPS

Enjoy it - the P is a great shooter. It should pair nicely with the Nikkor you've got. I find it's

an especially nice camera for 50mm, as the 35mm framelines are so far wide, that with my

glasses on, I have a hard time seeing them. Although as a Bonus.. anything I see is in the

frame.

John, I know you enjoy your Canon P, but it's effective base length is 41mm vs. about 49 for an M2 thru M7 (with a 0.72 mag standard finder). The Leica M RF patch also allows split image focusing vs. only coincidence focusing with the P thus allowing for vernier acuity to kick in for enhanced accuracy. The 1:1 image of the Canon P is a great feature though.