bh has Pentax K10d on their site

jun_cao

"A dependable dust-proof, weather-resistant body construction featuring 72 seals throughout the camera to allow photographers to continue shooting even in dusty or rainy environments."

That's my dslr, finally.

Ok. No doubt about it. I'm buying at least one.

--

Don E

Rob,

It's totally off-topic, but your reply made me wonder...

Does anyone work together in photography with a significant other?

My wife and I have patiently learned to be both a married couple and business partners (two relationships that don't necessarily mix), but partnering in photography, or not even partnering on shoots, but just both being photographers, introduces a level of competitivness, which comes to the surface when one of us has better kit than the other.

We only recently noticed it, and it is quite funny. And that's why "at least one", likely means, two.

--

Don E<div>00I1Ji-32345584.jpg.6ee58f0d73e61e80c669fcfd5dbbecd7.jpg</div>

That's funny. I saw it, did a quick email to alert a friend, checked my link ... and poof, it was gone. It is not on the Pentax USA site yet either.

My hunch: somebody jumped the gun on the embargo (perhaps accidentally ?) and then realized it.

What I saw looked quite good: body-based I.S., weather sealed and well built, some sort of anti-dust technology (?), 10 mpxl ... and the extraordinarily competitive price.

Assuming all this works, those not strapped into a lens system (other than Pentax, of course) should at least look at this camera.

The highlights are:

10MP, IS, dust removal, weatherproofing, optional battery grip, new imaging engine, the usual compatibility with Pentax lenses and lens adapters, a smc PENTAX-DA 70mm F2.4 Limited lens pancake announced, sensitivity-priority mode, and some "hyper manual" functions, and compatibility for not yet released "supersonic motor-driven autofocus lenses"

also:

"The K10D incorporates a high-performance

A/D converter, which faithfully converts the

analog data collected by the CCD image sensor

into digital data. With the highest resolving

power (22 bits, or 4.2 million gradations) among

all existing digital cameras, it offers a digital-conversion

capacity 1,024 times greater than conventional 12-bit,

4,096-gradation A/D converters."

and

The K10D body will ship by November 2006 for US $899.95,

and as a kit with the DA 18-55mm lens for $999.95.

The D-BG2 Battery Grip will ship at the same time for

less than US $190.00. The PENTAX DA 70mm lens will ship

in October 2006 for less US $600.00.

--

Don E

The press release was dated for September 13 release, so it got posted by accident. Someone

isn't happy with Steve's Digicams right now, I bet.

The new body looks to be exactly what I'm after ... a substantial and significant improvement

beyond the already excellent Pentax *ist DS. I'm already very happy with my Pentax lenses.

Godfrey

Hello Roger,

check my posting in the digital camera section under the title : "the best DSLr under $1,500

i.. " and you will see this camera has pretty much anything you can ask for :

the excellent viewfinder of the DS and DS2, RAW with the option to choose between DNG RAW

and the PEF PENTAX RAW, plus RAW+JPEG mode, plus weather sealed joints (more than the

D200), an ISO mode, The indication of ISO in the viewfinder, shake reduction mode and dust

removal capacity ( no body in this price range has both )

Steve's K10D "official" 9-13-06 announcement page is up (again).

The "pentamirror" in the prerelease specs list has now been changed to "pentaprism" ;^) No mention of pentamirror is included now.

I really look foward to handling the K10D locally before Christmas.

Lindy