This morning, I checked my own folder and found some guy visited my

P/N folder and hit ALL of my photos with 3/4 or lower. (branket

bombing) . This guy maybe have few fake accounts because many photos

was clearly hit twice.

Gee,, This is not very nice,, I guess I must offend some one

accidently by rating their photo low.. My lowest rating is 4/5.. and

I seldom rate low..

It is too bad for such abuse ever exist. Is there anyone has similar

experience ?? How can we prevent this ??

LONGTANG JOHN LIN

You should send an e-mail to abuse@photo.net. The administrators prefer to handle this type of issue through e-mail instead of forum postings.

Instances of unusual ratings have a habit of disappearing during daily housecleaning functions on the site.

You can't, but you can send the details to "abuse@photo.net" and someone will look into at and remove the ratings if a pattern of abuse is found.

3/4 isn't really an abusive rating. On top of that, as far as I can tell, nobdy has rated all your images. I didn't do a thorough check but on the shots I looked at the most that any one rater had rated was 7 of your other shots.

So if this is abuse, it's pretty borderline. I really don't see much evidence for it. However I'm not an abuse moderator and their opinion may be different.

Same thing happened to me. In each case the rating came within seconds of posting the picture, which is much too fast for it to have gotten to the front of the ratings queue. I emailed abuse about it.

Same here!

I have noticed an awfull lot of new accounts with very strange looking names all of a sudden, It makes me wonder if someone (or more than one) whom had recently been gilded by P.net, isnt retaliating by this method!

Something is sure a miss here!

Ken.

In addition!

One account was just opened 3 day's ago, and has already amassed over 800 photo's rated by them during this time period!

And the ratings are almost a perfect curve, this is to much of a coinsidence, to be for real!

Ken.

Bet you whoever gave his pic a 7/7 (as opposed to the dozen or so deserved 2/2s it got) is behind it all. Should be easy enough to go trhough the rater's top rates and find it.

When you post a photo for rating, you are, in effect, saying that you welcome the opinion of any photo.net subscriber.

You must accept the broad spectrum of people here. There are professionals, serious amateurs, and wannabees (feel free to place me in the latter category). There are teachers and students. There are people with open minds and people who are very opinionated. And all of these people rate photos.

If this is the sort of group that you want ratings from, then post the pictures here (and accept the brutal compression that photo.net subjects them to) then accept the ratings for what they're worth.

Personally, I figure there are only two opinions that matter, when it comes to my photographs -- mine, and my customer's. I don't post pictures here because I'm not trying to sell them to you, and they won't be hanging on your living room wall.

If you only want professional opinions, show your photos to the professional photographers and teachers you know.

If you can't accept low ratings, then just show your photos to your mother. I'm sure she'll think they're wonderful.

Bob, Brian!

WOW, that was fast!

I take back everything that I have ever thought bad about you folks in the admins!

I just checked, and another malicious program or bot or watever it was, has been purged from our presence!

You have restored my faith in P.net, and the leadership there of!

Good job, and my hats off to you two!

Ken.

Actually that account is on hold pending review by Brian. A number of things raised a red flag (not just the ratings) and it needs looking into.

The system here has only one message ("account deleted") and it is generated whether an account is placed on hold or is permanently deleted. None of the ratings have been removed (only Brian does that).

That's a good one Frank!

I myself have no aspirations toward ever being good enough to come anywhere near the TRP, but one thing I can't stomach is nonsence!

And when I see as such, I just can't refrain from voicing my disaproval, weather it concerns me or not, this kind of behavior, in my opinion, can not be tolerated!

Ken.