Ok, I have been consistent with most all my weddings this year and then this

wedding sneaks up and blow a bit of my confidence. Camera 5d, 1600iso (maybe i

should have lowered), F5.6 1/100speed. Lens 1.8 Canon 50MM, recycle time was

good on the 580ex! Im baffled. 2/3 of the processional were like this. I shot

iin raw so I was able to save the images. But I dont know what is wrong except

it looks like garbage! Yes the room was very low light, there were three

differnet lights. Fluorescent, Ambient, and a mixture of yellowish brown...but

I thought the flash and having white balanced would have taken care of close

up shots! Please...thoughts!!<div>00I1av-32350184.JPG.0b55397c3164171236656e3a27d80964.JPG</div>

If the flash is on a bracket, first check that you can reliably fire the flash from the hot shoe on the camera. Then see if it will reliably fire on the bracket. Reliably also means roating the camera from horizontal to vertical and moving around like you would at a wedding to move the cable around. If it is not reliable, suspect the conecting cable has a broken wire "someplace."

I'm baffled, why are you shooting at ISO-1600 with flash? With the benefit of flash, I would not be up at ISO-1600. Even more so with the f5.6 aperture. Unless you are bouncing off a HIGH ceiling.

Well that shot has no flash or so little that is is no longer visible (read: having no noteable effect).

Check your exif and the conections. Be sure your are not set at -comp. on either the camera or flash. Check the flash works with other cam bodies. Make sure another flash works on that body.

Let us know what happened

Sorry folks, the flash did fire according to the camera data. Whether it fired properly is

another matter.

The 5D was set to manual @ 1/100th shutter, ISO 1600, and the 50mm was @ f/5.6.

Metering mode and WB setting wasn't recorded.

Berry, if you want, ftp me the RAW file on this shot ( www.sendthisfile.com), using:

fotografz@comcast.net as the notification adress they require. I'll look at it for you and

recommend a fix. The jpg is to badly pixalated to do anything with, but there are a few

tricks in RAW processing that'll probably work.<div>00I1oq-32356784.jpg.3a49b6f926dfd9f31c0ca9f19076062d.jpg</div>

Marc,, the file was returned by your host...its a large file! I used two sets...once I saw the "brown" I changed quickly from my rechargeables (Maxell "Nickel Metal Hydride") to Duracel Alkaliines's. Similiar issue. I've tried to replicate the effect at home...shooting fast, shooting slow,,,not W/B and i cant seem to figure it out.

You have to use www.sendthisfile.com which is a ftp site that'll hold the file and send me an

e-mail link to go get it from them for down load. It takes a while for it to load from your

computer onto their site, so be patient.

I can't figure out what's going on with your problem either Barry. I tried to replicate it with my

5D, 580EX and the same settings. The only underexposed shots happened when the flash

didn't fire at all. But your's did. I even loaded exhaused batteries in the 580EX, but it still

worked even when I rapid fired it. The flash wouldn't fire until there was enough juice.

Marc, depending on the flash, some flashes WILL fire before reaching full charge. I did that yesterday. Shot 1-full charge OK, shot 2 a few second later was underexposed.

I was using a borrowed flash so did not have my HV pack, and best I can figure is I shot before the flash was fully charged, so it did not have the charge to put out enough light.