CD Album Simple Design

shaun_carter

I was looking for a simple solution to a CD design and this is what I came up

with. I used the Memorex CD labeling system from Office Depot so I could have

a simple white background on my CD and added the bride and groom's name,

wedding date, and the number of Hi-Res photos on the CD. I wanted to keep the

CD simple since the inside already includes a photo. Plus, photo's printed on

the Memorex CD paper don't look too hot anyway. What are your thoughts on

this? Does this look professional to you? Thanks...<div>00H4aK-30812084.jpg.d387fcd388f3cc0e85294c5a0d8d5467.jpg</div>

I think it looks good Delanza. I like your packing of it too. I recently purchased an Epson R320 just so I could print directly onto a printable CD, with an image and text. I've used labels in the past but have heard that adhesive is not good. I'm not sure, but I bet printing directly onto the CD couldn't be good for it either.

I started using LightScribe CD/DVD's and after a few coasters were made by trial and error, I really like that 'gray scale' images they produce on the CD, no labels, no ink.

<BR><BR>

Bob

Delanza,

It looks Nice, I use these cases, they are white and have our wedding day on the cover. as for teh light scribe it takes me between 10 to 15 minutes and you doi not have to dish lots of money my laptop came with one but I just bought a lightscribe dvd drive for my desk top for $59.00 at best buy and it works great..

I have both, the Archival - 300 year CD and the regular printable versions. I would never put a label stick on CD, but I did wanted them to look "decent" so got the printable version. However, am I sacrificing "quality" for the sheer looks of CD?

Btw. What do you write on the Archival - "ugly looking" CDs, if anything.

Delanza, I think it looks nice. You might want to add your name and your studio name to the print. That way you are giving yourself the credit and adding your studio name to the final product. BTW, I was able to shoot at the same venue in your above photo today in the garden area, in between the rain showers. I'm really liking the lightscribe system to label the DVDs.<div>00H4zd-30824384.jpg.949c32b03c7a12c1ff04b5e3ffe45e70.jpg</div>

Delanza, I think the white label looks good. Light Scribe is cool if you like that lacklustre monochromatic look. There is a plasticstic film label available (white)that is suposed to minimize DVD label glitches. Verbatim has DVD's that look like movie reels and those look sharp in the DVD folio. Verbatim is a pretty high standard medium too

What I have heard from someone who edits a lot of video on DVDs is that the DVD is way more susceptible to label problems than a CD. I have many labeled DVDs and no problems so far.<div>00H5Hq-30832484.thumb.jpg.0e6d82e6f205e53b88e17b2fdf59ee85.jpg</div>

looks like the lightscribe costs have come down. maybe i'll get one sooner now. dave, good comment. i'll add my name or company name to the cd. i've been to one camera store where the sales dude was trying to push archival cd's but i passed on it. that was in davenport iowa and i haven't seen any since. larry, i was actually at best buy today looking at the movie reel dvd's and considering them as well. i like all the ideas. thanks all for the feedback!

Writing or Labels on discs "looks" good for You as You present your disc to the Bride and Groom.

It's not about us.

Presentation is important: I used a nice box designed for the typical DVD and slip 5 x 7 images into the front slip cover, the inside of the front cover and the back cover is used to slip in my Business Card (4x6) which they can take out if they want to.

Placing any kind of "stuff" onto the DVD/CD is less than responsible for archival purposes. I tell the bride and groom that the disc will be plain because I place a high value on the longevity of their wedding photography or slideshow.

I find that the concern for longevity out-weighs the cutesy look on the DVD which is rarely seen anyway since it's always in the lovely case you've repaired.

There's plenty of research out there to indicate that placing any kind of markings or labels on DVD/CD's is not in the best interest of longevity. I realize there's always a back up but I prefer to show "concern" for the value of the DVD/CD upfront and in person.