Critique Request! Toddler Portraits - My little Emma

Thanks Josh! It was a great time of day, early afternoon and we have some nice tree coverage. I usually try to take some of her looking at the camera, but I tried this approach instead. Her just playing and me snapping away. I guess to me they mean something because I love her little feet and hands.

Can you point me in the right direction for making a "link"? That is much easier than having to copy and paste the URL.

Thanks!

<p>Suzanne

<p>Making a link requires you use the HTML option on photo.net. In the answer box you

type your text and where you want to make a link you enter: <a href="URL

HERE">text</a>

<p>So you surround it with the <a> and </a> tags with an href attribute that is the

URL. You can enter any text between the two tags, that becomes the clickable word.

<p>For example, the following code inserts a link to my web site: <a href="http://

www.marchal.com/">my site</a> and it will be rendered as <a href="http://

www.marchal.com/">my site</a>.

<p>Next (and this is very important) make sure you select the HTML option where it says:

"the above text is:"

<p>Nice photos BTW. I prefer the first three.

<p>--ben

Thanks for the feedback! Ricardo, yes the shadow line is very strong. In cases where you have strong shadows coming through trees, how do you combat that? Fill flash? I was wanting a more natural look. The shadow is okay to me, but I can see where it not being there would be less distracting. Ben, thanks so much for the help on the HTML! I think I got it and will do that next time. Thanks!

Oleg, you are right. They are copped pretty tight, especially the one of her playing on the ground. I had my 50mm on and I was too close. But moving back I was afraid I will miss some shots, I was sitting on the ground with her. I need to make the effort to move back next time. Thanks for the feedback!

First off, very nicely done as a group - you got a very natural feel to these photos and this helps show the personality as well as just the likeness.

I know this was brought up before, but I agree with the critique about the second frame - the shadow in the face is a little too much. I don't know if I'd go with fill-flash in this case though. Depending on the circumstances, I'd have been more tempted to use a reflector if possible - especially if there's someone there to help and duck in fast with a reflector while Emma's doing her thing. It could help soften the shadows while keeping a more natural feel to the image.

Thanks Eric for the feedback! I was just goofing off in the back yard and did not think to put on my flash. But I do agree, the shadow is way too harsh. Fill flash would have been just right to fill that in a bit and I think still keep the "natural" look of the picture. Thanks again for your feedback and great suggestions!