relate to something 50 use your imagination.I'm going to stick with

three images with three different cameras. I'll post more when I get

the web page ready so Ladies and Gentleman start shooting. I live in

Hawaii the 50th state, I turn 50, I have 50 cameras from the 50's, I

drive 50 and I might have 50 bucks in my wallet, I have a camera

with a 50mm and if you stand 50 feet away my camera with the stuck

lens will work. <a

href="http://davidrichert.com/us_camera_june_1955.htm">US Camera

June 1955</a><div>00Bk84-22714384.jpg.6a7f63998e9ca38fdc70c5cfc85530ae.jpg</div>

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many shots do we have to take ? In which size ? Color or B+W ? Do we have to send the prints to you, or a digitized version (in this case, what size for the files) ? I assume that a picture of the camera is asked, too. And a short text about the background ?

Well, a good opportunity to use some of mine.. hmmm... two only are from the 50s, actually.

So maybe a Contax S or D? Contax IIa or III? Nikon S2? An Exakta V or Vx? A Leica M3 or Canon VT? Those are all I can think of right off the top of my head, and none of them are in my camera bag (though I wish they were.) Someone suggest a $50 camera quick before I hurt myself in the wallet.

<p>Well me and my big mouth... now I can't think of a subject to photograph for this

contest... :-)</p>

<p>

Hopefully, I'll come up with something although now <a href="http://www.photo.net/

bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00BjAN" target="_blank">Sheldon</a> (link opens

in a new window) is taking my 1950's-ish Certo to Europe for a few weeks. What were

those 1950's $50 cameras again?...</p>

<I>Someone suggest a $50 camera quick before I hurt myself in the wallet.</I><P>

Dang, that's expensive! I think I'll be using some $5-10 cameras for this one. A Kodak Pony 135 C and a Kodak Duaflex IV should fit the bill nicely. I don't think I have any other cameras from the 50's.<P>

Alan

Excellent! Anyone that doesn't have a camera from the decade of the '50's should be able to get one for the price of processing a roll of color film. Check out swap meets, bargain stores and pawn shops for any number of single or twin lens box cameras.

The last contest was fun. This sounds like another fun theme, and ought to get our imaginations running (at least 50 mph).

Thanks David

Dean

Well, I have a few cameras I'm pretty sure were made in the 1950s -- my Moskva-5, of course, and most likely my Kodak Reflex II, probably my Speedex 4.5 and Speedex Jr., and possibly my Wirgin Auta (though it's hard to be certain on that one); the Savoy 620 is probably 50s vintage, too. Of course, this lets out my best cameras, the Rollfilmkamera and my 1920s-1930s vintage plate cameras -- but I entered a shot from my Shur-Shot Jr. in the last contest, maybe I can date that model...

Ahh, yes my brain does work. All I had to do was to look to the left of my desk here and see the camera sitting on top of its tripod - a Speed Graphic made somewhere between 1947-55. Had it out as a roll back is arriving tomorrow. 50 views of Central Park then, or perhaps streets 50-59...

zorki 1,kodak retina 1a...i am sooo gonna love this:-))

now...does retinette 1b count as a 50's cam?i thought they are more like 60's or so ?!

how do we post and is there a limit of files to be posted,resolution,type of film,aso?

cheers

This contest is a really fabulous idea. And the

'50s provided many inexpensive cameras of the highest

quality. I'm going to get a haircut and flip a coin

(you can guess the denomination) about which 1950s

camera to pull out of the big, big box. Contina, Ace,

Kodak Retina, Varex VX, Exa, Aires 35III L.

Just my 50c worth...

Rolleicord III, Samoca 35, Closter Sport, Kodak Hawkeye, Kodak Retinette, Agfa Isolette....the Knebworth Classic Car Show.....50's cameras and suitable subjects are not the problem, it's finding that roll of unexposed film that expired in 1955 - that's the problem....