Numbered watermarks for proof DVD?

michael_d4

Hi all! I'm making my first proof DVD slideshow instead of a proof book, and I'm wondering about the best

way to have the images numbered and watermarked. I don't want to do it manually, obviously!

Currently I'm using iDVD to create the slideshow, but I can't find any Mac apps that allow numbered

watermarking. How do you do it?

If you have Photoshop CS or CS2, a cheap and easy way: use File-Automate-Web Gallery. Tell it to resize the main images to a reasonable size, THEN under the "Security" option you can tell it to put any type (presumably your name) in any color, any position you like.

Hit the button to make the web gallery.

Go to the folder you created for the web gallery.

Throw away everything except the "Images" folder.

There you go. Watermarked, sized down, ready for a CDROM.

Another very fast way is to use Imagemagick, but it's strictly command-line stuff. Very fast. Useful for production work.

Pico nailed it. Under security in the PS web gallery maker you can pick filename. make the

large images larger than a normal web image. Some of the galleries work better than others.

I suggest trying it a few ways with a small batch of images first. throw out everything but the

image folder. then import that to i-DVD Remeber to group your photos in chunks of 99 or

less for each i-DVD slideshow. more than one show can be on a disk.