Software search - Screen 1030ai

Thanks. I've been in touch with Screen (UK) and they've already offered me the software for

ᆪ150. It may be a fair price for all I know, but I'm not prepared to spend that much for old

software, as I'm not even sure if the scanner is even working. Is there another way to check if

the scanner is in good order, without using software?

Screen did put me onto an independant engineer for further help, but I've been unable to get

in contact. Perhaps someone else can help me out with a copy?

It all seemed like a good idea, but it's an obsolete machine and a lot of hassle. I'm very

tempted to take it down the local tip. 8[

Last ditch attempt: is there anyone who can spare a few minutes to send me the above

software? I've had kind offers from three different people, but for one reason or another,

they have not sent it and I'm reluctant to pester them. Even a Photoshop plugin (sent as an

attachment) would help me determine whether my machine is working.

Screen (UK) asked for ᆪ150 (approx $300) to email it to me. Apparently, that's a good deal

(even for obsolete software), but I politely refused under the circumstances. They

understood and gave me the number of an independant engineer who would be in a better

position to help. I left voicemail about a week ago, but he's obviously busy. I will try again.

Meanwhile, I'm back here and wondering if it's really worth the hassle. There's very little

ready support. An Epson V750 is looking VERY tempting - and no mess!

Thanks for reading, but please don't reply unless you KNOW you can help.

If that seems rude, it's not my intention.

Gerry Noble (UK)

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I can email you these versions if you like..as PC or MAC compression?

DT-S series update disc CU Version 3.05 for Mac ,

DT-S series scan plug-in version 3.4 for mac,

DT-S plug in adapter 3.10 to 3.14 mac,

DT-S series update disc cu version 3.4 mac

Did you have any luck getting MAC sofware? I am also trying to test an old 1030AI and would be greatfull if anyone could provide DTS sofware for the MAC that I dont have.

thanks

Jude