Have a wedding on Saturday need fast help.

b_b21

Thank you every one, Right now I'm not so terrified. A little scared but more confident on the job ahead due to your advice.

Gary : I'm pusuing that line of though and I also believe it is the safest way for everyone but I have also to think on the other posibilities.

Grant : The rehersal I believe was on Tuesday so I wasn't on the rehersal. With some 500 images on the D100 on the most extreme light conditions available over the last 3 weeks, I think I can manage the camera, I still love my Pentax Spotmatic with the 1.4 but it is no longer good for Color photographs. Too many years shooting with it.

Jim : I'm taking notes and making the proper check list's. The TLR is a camera I've used for some years now.

My secretary is getting married in a month or so she is having her wedding gown tested this evening just to give me a hand on the exposure part of the ecuation. I'll bring a dark coat to look at the contrast between them.

Jake : I love street photographie, a month or so ago the groom looked at my wallpaper and asked me of it. I showed him some of my photos and he seemed to like them, although most of them are available night shots.

James : Thanks for the advice, I am very familiar with the 50mm focal lenght although the crop factor has bothered me a little.

Gerald : I don't think It will happen but I'll take my precautions. Thanks

Scott : Thanks I'm trying hard no to panic any more, one of the guests is an experienced graphics designer, I'll ask her for some help on the workflow. I saw her do some really nice things with PS. when it was only a Mac thing ;)

Stuart : Thank you.

Calico : I read your mail its is very reassuring.

Steve : Thank you for your offering but I'm not in the US and your are very far away. Whenever I go to NY I'll give you a call.

BB,

Relax! Your friends know you are helping out in a pinch. I did my son's wedding recently (using film) and the pictures came out fine.

There where alot of flubs of course, but I knew there would be, so I took 300 pics. The law of averages is in your favor. Try a bunch of practice shots, especially w/ flash and watch your backgrounds- keep them un-cluttered. You'll be fine. Anyway, you can always make new friends.

Jim

I just shot my first (and probably last) wedding for my nephew last weekend. It was me or no one. I made up my mind, the day before the wedding, that as long as I had success with four specific shots, the rest would be icing on the wedding cake. I, of course, made certain the bride and groom understood that I had zero experience with weddings and very little experience shooting people. So, their expectations were managed. They assured me that they understood my concerns and wouldn't hold it against me if they had nothing but snapshots in the end.

The shots that were on my "must get" list were: A good one of her in her dress, A good one of her with the groom, A good one of her with her parents, A good group shot of the wedding party. I think it's unreasonable to expect to have success every step of the way unless you're a seasoned pro.

Once I managed my own expectations, I was able to relax and just shoot without worry. In the end, I shot about 500 frames digital and about 150 frames film (including Autocord and Holga shots). I'm almost finished processing the digitals. Of those, I have about 150 I'm including in the proof set. I managed the cake cutting, a handful from the brief/informal ceremony, a bazillion group shots, and some candids of the bride and groom that I'm feeling pretty good about. I botched their exit (very dark/they ran/had focusing problems) and regret she never got around to throwing the bouquet and doing the garter thing. I think they'll be happy with their proof set. We're also planning some shots, after the honeymoon, of the bride in her dress on the beach.

At this late date, I think the best thing you can do is relax, make a short list of the most important shots. focus on those. Do your best with the rest. A couple strong belts of whiskey before hand might help :)