New polaroid land camera conversion

michel_perrin

Hi everyone, just wanted to post some photos of my new baby!!! the

camera has been converted by a friend of mine here in New Zealand. the

wood's called Puriri, very very hard wood!! it has a graflex back, I

have a couple of lens for it, I can change the lens also!! a lens

board has been made specialy for it. the outside has been change to

something a little more modern. the camera work well, I will post some

photos that I take with it later on. cheers<div>00C3S2-23261484.jpg.461276af0a99735a4c60b509633db710.jpg</div>

What a great looking machine! As an Australian lover and long time converter of these cameras, I must say this approach is quite rereshing.

The timber trim improves the camera`s looks no end. The Graflok back and interchangable lens board really makes for a handheld 4x5 with PIZAZZ. Great stuff!

Michel -

Beautiful! I'm curious about the viewer. My camera is a complete from scratch custom job. I need a good viewer that won't break my bank. What did you use? Most available, e.g. Horseman, Silvestri, are unbelievably expensive.

Thanks.

Andy, you could use a Fotoman finder, I believe they`re around $295US, (contact Paul Droluk) or be like me and mask off a video camera accessory lens. They come in all shapes and sizes and only cost $50 or so! All that is needed is a method of mounting it. I very succesfully fitted one into a Nikonos 20mm finder.

Thanks for the viewfinder suggestions. I was hoping for something a little cheaper. oh well. I don't - yet - have any pictures online of my camera, but it has a Peter Gowland made revolving graflock back and 3/4" rise and fall on the lens panel. I use a 6x12 back almost exclusively and a polaroid 545i occasionally. The lens panel takes Mamiya Press lenses. I use just the 75mm and 127mm as they're the only ones that cover 6x12. Both cover the 3/4" rise and fall. It's made of aluminum and delrin. My first camera didn't have a revolving back but took 4x5 holders. It was just horizontal. It had 1" rise/fall, and had two lens panels: 120mm Symmar S and 75mm f/8 super angulon. The best part was that it was made of cocabolo, a gorgeous deep red rosewood that weighs a ton.

Probably more than anybody wanted to know. Sorry...

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, just back on and wanted to show you some of the images taken with my camera. It is a pleasure to use and the result suit me just fine!! The images are shot on Polaroid type 59 and Kodak 400 portra for the building.

Cheers

Michel<div>00CjTr-24426584.jpg.11220da89c92563c7080132089c51bab.jpg</div>

• 2 years later...