Suggestions for magazines with good nature photographs?--not necessarily "photography" mzines.

catcher

Anyone know of any? I subscribe to National Geographic which is

good. I just got a subscription to Nature's Best. I get Outdoor

Photographer, which usually has nice pictures but I get tired of the

advertisements, er, I mean articles. What other magazines/regular

publications have great nature photos, and doesn't need to be a

photography magazine necessarily (i.e., Audubon? NAtural History?--

I've persued these and they're not bad). Any suggestions? Thanks.

Not a magazine, but the annual Wildlife Photographer of the Year (you can get a copy at www.amazon.com if you are in the States). I actually used these books for my nature photography course. It is very competitive so the books are usually (not all) great photography.

Aaron,

Plateau Journal, twice a year published by U. of Arizona, Flagstaff.

Photographers include Tom Till, Jack Dykinga, George H. H. Huey and Gary Ladd. I was on the supplier list for a short while a few years back but at two issues a year and the high talent pool, I couldn't break in.

Magazine is very high quality.

Steve stole my favorite: <i>Arizona Highways</i>. I never heard of it until I was stationed at Fort Huachuca in 2001. I will never let my subscription lapse. I look forward to receiving it every month (especially here in the monotonous sands of Kuwait). Absolutely fantastic photos, and the writing ain't half bad, either. My latest issue has some "lost" photos Ansel Adams sold to <i>AH</i> years ago that were recently located and printed -- good stuff.

Smithsonian Magazine, off and on, not really a nature biased mag, but you get their great catalog, and are of course a member of the Smithsonian Institution

If you're near a store with a big mag section (e.g., Barnes & Noble), I'd check out the travel mag section too

BBC Wildlife. Outstanding publisher "Tecklenborg" out of Germany produces the highest quality magazine that might only be available in Europe. Google should source the mag.

David Crossley/Crossley Photography....

I agree with most of the posts here - especially AZ Highways - I believe most (at least some) of their photos come from direct submissions by photographers. Now that I live in AZ and have some shots of natural AZ subjects I am going to try submitting a few. You need to get a submission form from them which requires a simple phone call. One caveat - at this time they are only accepting slides (digital images and negatives are not accepted).

I also want to second the suggestion of Outdoor Photography (UK) - much better outdoor photo magazine than any I have seen - I think it blows away Outdoor Photographer (US), though I must admit I don't think that is too difficult. Barnes & Nobles carries it in the US.

• 2 weeks later...