Which meter to buy? Sekonic L-358, Minolta Auto Meter VF, or possibly a Minolta Flash Meter

I am trying to decide between Sekonic L-358, Minolta Auto Meter VF,

or possibly a Minolta Flash Meter. My uses for the meter will be for

studio work (multiple flashes etc) and some outdoor work as well,

both with flashes and without (using the incident meter).

The Sekonic and Minolta Auto Meter seem to be quite comparable (other

than the Pocket Wizrad transmitter available for the Sekonic). The

Minolta Flashmeter V is more expensive (and the VI model even more so)

and I am not sure I need any feature of it. I would like to hear your

opinions (and feel free to suggest an alternative not listed above).

Thank you ahead of time for your input.

The Sekonic L-558 is competent in all the metering modes: flash, spot and incident. A pocket Wizard radio can be added as a chip (!!!) or connected with a PC cable. If you buy one meter, this is the one to get.

Since you post under the Lighting forum, I presume you are interested in studio lighting applications. A flash meter is indespensible.

I sold my Minolta Autometer to buy the 358. I think the only advantage of the Minolta was it took a few less key presses to get to all the functions (maybe because it had less). For everything else including build quality (I think the 358 is supposed to be splash resistant, I always felt the Minolta was plasticky in comparison) the 358 wins comfortably. My only thoughts are now whether I should have bought the 558. I don't really use a spot meter, and it is quite a bit heavier, so I'm not sure. I did buy the wireless chip for the 358 since its only about $25 if bought at the same time as the meter.

If you really want to control the rendition of your subjects, consider getting something with spot capability built in.

A meter is a long-life investment- the one I use is more then 12 years old and doing fine, although it doesn't have spot.

I'm thinking about an L558.