"Hal around the World" PICTURES in Frankfurt, Germany (1st roll)

bueh

good journalism and more. considering the camera and the short time you had to get use to it, I would say you did a fantastic job. congratulations and thanks for sharing. this is exactly why I like the "classic camera" quest. A good photographer will take a decent picture even with a fish can, if he has to.

Wow, I'm really surprised to get so many positive responses to these pictures! I thought you were eager to see exotic faraway places, not some party pictures that can be found everywhere across the world in a similar fashion.

<p>So it seems that #8 (buddies) is one of your favorite pictures. Csab, I have to agree, the guy really has a priceless expression. That's why I was nearly devastated when saw all these technical flaws in the developed photo... I chatted with the guy before taking the picture and emailed him the scan. I haven't heard from him since, I guess he didn't like it either.

<p>

My personal favorite is #6 (self portrait), but I also love 2, 4, 9 and 11. In #11 I love the expression of the guy, I don't remember noticing him at all when I took the picture. And his expressions seems to say <i>"Hrmpf. Again the attractive goth chicks are being photographed and get all the attention and nobody seems to see me. Oh, how I hate this shit..."</i>

<p>

Now I fear my second roll will disappoint you. I deliberately tried not to do boring street photography or shoot people, but hit some of the "interesting" tourist spots in Frankfurt. I hope I finish working on it tomorrow and will post it then. Thanks again for your praise. CE, I love the "Christ with Fingerpaint" description!

Obviously the so called 'flaws' in Hal have been greatly over-egged! Hal saw these scenes brilliantly through the eyes of the dancers - probably fuelled with alcohol and goodness knows what. The way Hal 'saw it' wa probably how they saw it.

Brilliant work! thanks so much for looking after Hal, giving him a holiday and letting us see the results!

Roll on the next roll.