Declogging Epson 2200, if I must.

Hi all,

I'll be picking up a second hand 2200 printer with some extras come

next thursday. It is still under warranty and is supposedly as new.

However the owner told me it has been closet camping for a few months...

...is this cause for concern? We have agreed that I may return the

printer if I can't get the juices flowing from it so I am not in a

real risk.

Still, I am keen to get it up and running smoothly with minimum effort

so I thought I'd ask the community how I best go about checking and

declogging it if it has been closet camping for quite some time.

Kind regards, Henrik

John is right, you should have no problem. The really only way you could have clogging is if the printer was switched on a long time. <p>Even then, you can use the supplied Epson utility, which does a pretty good job of cleaning your printheads (you do lose some ink though)

well, still the best way to find out is to make a test print... if all colors come out properly and there is no (well, lets say almost no) color shift or looks like some colors are missing, then it is safe to buy...

If you see some kind of strange shift or so, try the head cleaning utility coming with the driver (may have to rerun that several times), and print again... only buy it if it satisfies your subjective objectives (*doh*, sounds strange!)

I have a clogging probelm with my 2200 becqasue I often leave it for months with no printing. I use MIS inks. What I find really helpfull is to unplug the printer after starting it and that allows me to move the ink carriage away from the start position . I then use a cue-tip wet with windex window cleaner to dab the foam pad where the cart rests. . . .leave it for a an hour or so and then do a cleaning cylce and that usually does it

Jerry