TRP: Brian, when are you going to do something?????

robertbrown

Currently, only 7 out of 21 photos on the TRP were submitted for

critique, and it looks like several of the 7 that were submitted for

critique were done so only after getting ratings from friends.

Brian, while I know you don't care all that much about this issue,

it's time that you made some effort in this area.

A few ideas: 1) allow no ratings until image is submitted to

critique forum, 2) limit raters to one 7 and 5 sixes per day, and 3)

return to sorting by number of rates (sans nudes).

Note the number of photos there that are either taken by attractive women, or OF attractive women. You're gonna have to do more to stop that wave of opinionated abuse, too.

BAN ALL PRETTY PEOPLE! Is there a filter you can use? ;)

So Chris....all I have to do is find an attractive, scantily clad, young woman, take a photo of her and post it as my bio pic. After that, every shot I take will make it to the TRP? Dang, I should have done that a long time ago ! :)

IMO, Robert's comments above are valid and his suggestions seem quite reasonable. I hope to see them implemented. I thought I read in an earlier comment posted by Brian that a change was planned to allow rates only AFTER a photo was submitted to the critique forum. What happened? It seemed a step in the right direction.

Laurie, I double-dog dare you....

...While personally I've found Duke University to be over-rated (no pun intended), I'm betting that you could back up that article's findings. Maybe I'll change my account name to "Christine" and post a pic of just my ankle....see what happens.

But really, the e-alerts that "interested" parties have posted make it easy to begin rating before a request has been made. Good points all around.

when men think with there brains and not their penis the trp will improve and so will the rest of the world. The penis is hard to control and can be dangerous.

And I am still waitinf after 5 weeks for my membership to be granted on my account.

"IMO, Robert's comments above are valid and his suggestions seem quite reasonable. I hope to see them implemented. I thought I read in an earlier comment posted by Brian that a change was planned to allow rates only AFTER a photo was submitted to the critique forum. What happened? It seemed a step in the right direction." - Laurie.

<p>

What happened ? Good question. Not a new question, though...

Brian said he didn't know when this would take effect, and he didn't say which version of the plan would be implemented. (He also won't tell us that it is in effect, preferring instead to have us discover these things on our own.)

Bob,

Apparently you struck a nerve. It's funny, you finally get a reply from admin. and then they delete the posts. I'm wishing I had been able to take the time earlier to actually read the final content.

I'm left wondering why the posts were deleted.

I saw something mentioned about Brian and others working behind closed doors until they can solve the Mate-rating, RFC issues. I wonder if that is true.

Another thread Igor has mentioned 50 photos of his were deleted and Yuri has 200 now missing. Could there be something going on??

Probably not.

Maybe no one should rate anything, this may encourage people to comment more, which I

always find much more helpful. Having to write something down makes one engage one's

brain in a way that an often arbitry rating cannot. I only rate, because it seems to be

expected of me, and it encourages people to leave helpful comments on my photographs.

I mean who cares what rating I give to their photograph? - Some people like oysters,

some people like snails!