fuji quickload

john di nenna

My guess is that the quickload and readyload holders fit every camera that

takes 4x5 negative holders. I only have a fuji quickload holder, but it is

only bit a thicker than the usual negative holders (the holders for two negs).

The fuji holder usually goes under the groundglass, but it also work with an international

back (which is what you probably have after removing your groundglass).

You might consider getting a Polaroid 545 holder. It will handle Readyloads and Quickloads in addition to Polaroid films. Some people claim it doesn't hold the film as flat as Kodak's/Fuji's dedicated holder but I haven't had any problems. Of course I seldom use an f/stop wider than f/16 so that may mask a bit of defocus.

FWIW, I use both the 545 and Grafmatics in my Tachihara's spring back, and it handles both just fine. I think a camera that cannot use these holders would be the exception.

John,

If you're a newbie to LF I would advise you to check out the archived postings on this site. I

think you'll benefit immensely from the advice given. You'll gleen invaluable advice from

folks like Ellis, Alan, Ralph, John K, Ted et al that you'll not find anywhere else [other than

QT Luong's site (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/lfforum/).]

In regards to the Quickload/ReadyLoad... I agree wholeheartedly with Alan D's suggestion

that you look into a Polaroid 545/i back. It gives you the most versatility in terms of the

film choices available. I also seldom/never shoot wider than f16... and more often than

not, I shoot at f22 and smaller. So, I've also never experienced any issues with depth of

field and film flatness on the Polaroid 545 back. Knock on wood!

:)

Cheers