H1 6x6

justin_kroman

Thomas,<br><br>You very obviously don't know the H-System. ;-)<br><br>And you (equally obvious) have not noticed which way the MF market is going.<br>"The other two" will do nothing to their "system". Except, some day soon, give it up. Abandon it. Perhaps even close shop altogether. (And that applies to not just "the other two"...).

Not sure why one would not use one of the Ixpress 6x6 digital backs for capture unless

you are specificaly speaking of the film base.

My lab, A and I, just begun taking digital 6x6 files via upload and will print same machine

prints. I love this lab and will give the digital media a shot with them.

After seeing the results on my H1 with a 6x6 back, I'm blown away. The 1Ds goes on eBay

next week along with the lense sets. The H1 lenses are a big pill to chew but if they are

anything like the 2.8 80mm I'm using I can't wait.

good nite to all.

Q.G., are you sure you know what you are talking about? Are you sure you know the future? With apologies, but I don't feel that your language nor your knowledge are appropriate or adequate.

Look at this web site http://www.sl66.com/slx/index.htm to get a flavor of the Rollei system. Show me the fast lenses (not only one), the long telephoto lenses and the specialized macro lenses for the H1. Where is the bellows system, the perspective correction lens, the fisheye lens? Which of them will the central shutter of the H1 lenses support? How about all the lenses one might have hacked over decades?

The H1 system is in its infancy. It doesn't compare to Pentax or Rollei, at least IMHO.

Thomas,<br><br>Alas, yes, i do know very well what i'm talking about.<br>First Rollei. They had to (!) reintroduce their AF system recently, because noone took notice when they did so a few years earlier. And noone took notice, not because they were all, coincidentally, busy doing other things, but because noone cared. Still noone does.<br>Rollei knows that (and so should you). Just have a look at what they have been doing lately: their website, for instance, opens with an MP3 player... Mene, tekel, and the rest.<br><br>Oh, and you too must have noticed how they stopped building that machine you direct us towards ages ago.<br><br>Next your comparison of the Rollei to the H1: show me the fast lenses for the Rollei AF.<br>Did you know that there are a bunch more AF lenses for the H1 than there are (and will be) available for the Rollei AF? Including your macro lens and long lens? Apparently not.<br>Did you know that only one H1 lens is slower than f/4? (That one is a very slow f/4.5). That in fact all but that single one are faster than f/4? You obviously didn't.<br>Did you know that you can put all available C, CF, CFi/CFE lenses (plus bellows, tubes, etc.) on the H1 too? You didn't? No surprise.<br><br>You see, Thomas, my observation was quite accurate. I'm sorry you don't like it. But there's how it is.

Q.G.,

You are loosing it. I even don't know what machine you are talking about I might have directed you to.

Yes, I am aware of the entire H1 system. I have thought about it and whether it would appeal to me, and it doesn't because it is too immature in my opinion. I am aware of all the lens data. I am also aware of the new adapter for the classic system.

For me, note, for me, AF is not a big deal. For me, and again for me, a single macro lens is not enough. For my Rollei system and for my Pentax system I have more than twenty each. For me, and again for me, the single 2.2/110mm is a little bit on the short side. I have several long telephoto lenses (I mean long) and I love MF wildlife photography, and the 300mm for the H1 doesn't cut it.

I am not talking specs but I am talking about what I do photographically. The H1 doesn't cut it. And in spite of what you said, I was very familiar with the system (or lack thereof).

I am painfully aware of Rollei's shortcomings in terms of marketing. They should fire their entire marketing department. However, I don't compare cameras by the ability of their marketing department either, nor by their web site, if it comes to that. That's immature.

Pentax on the other hand is cool. Pentax rocks. Can't wait for the new Digital to come out. Just love that camera.