light leak

rui_marques

Hi,

some of the the images (but not all) i take with my S2A have light leaks (see

picture). So far i could not find the reason for this to happen... Has anyone

experienced this problem? What could the causes be? Some test to find out

where all this unwanted light comes from?

Thank's for any help.<div>00Ht9p-32108384.jpg.ae9b2c643388e7f2ae21ccd13b040db0.jpg</div>

Possibly film buckeled on takeup reel allowing light on the film when roll removed from camera?Was this 120 or 220 what speed...higher speed films are a lot easier to get light leak damage.I used to get light leaks on 800 asa and not on anything else..turned out to be bad seals for dark slide.

Since I don't know anything about your camera, I'm going to guess it's a second curtain (vertical) shutter problem; that usually varies with speed. Now, if you tell me that it has leaf shutters in the lenses, I'll say, oh well, that's what my Leica shots looked like when that was the problem (vertical though)...

Good luck,

Ray Hull

Russ, camera is a Bronica S2A.

Oculus, I first thought of a problem related with curtains. I think (hope) i can put that apart because the other back I use has never had this sort of light leakage (though it's had them they are in different place and weaker - see photo). I hope my evaluation of the problem is correct (mostly because i Think it'll be much easier to solve sealing problems in the back<div>00HtUJ-32115184.jpg.a63a34d06445ddd6a08a6d7281ba8803.jpg</div>

All else being equal, I've got to believe that the greatest likelehood for such an effect is when the film is outside the camera, sitting wrapped up on it's role. and gets splashed with bright light. I truely wish that 220 film came in a cassette like 35mm !

If the effect is intermittent and rare, that would support my contention at least somewhat.

Nick, i think that isn't flare because it only happens with one of my backs...

John, that's a possibility. I'll be more carefull nest time i put a roll on it. I also wish 120 and 220 films came in cassetes. It would be, somehow, safer.

Ray, thank's for comment on the picture :-)

Yann, if you visit http://medfmt.8k.com/ you will see that many other cameras, even hassies, might have many problems, some even related with their own "architecture".