for viewing. I'm not sure what size to save them! The ones I will

print myself will first be 4x5 proofs, and then a couple worked in

PS as fine art renderings will be printed @ 11x14, the others will

be uploaded, prints of various sizes purchased and then printed

elsewhere by a lab. I don't have my web-site finished yet, so for

this first wedding I'm going to use Collages.net I think. I'm sure

this is elementary, but new to me. This has probably been covered

somewhere here so if I can be directed to links that would be great

or just some advice on how ones do this. Thanks so much.

Save a full-resolution version in Photoshop format with all of your tweaks as your reference image. Use this image to create re-purposed versions for other needs. When you need to re-size, sharpen, etc., do it separately (to a copy) for each specific use.

I do it this way - I would start with a folder on my drive labelled "John and Mary 2005" for instance. I then have a sub folder titled either "Raw Images", or "16 Bit Scans" in which I archive a raw file, 16 bit if posible. I then do some levels, curves adjustments, convert to 8 bit and save in a new sub-folder called "8 bit levels". You should be able to fulfill all future used with that.

Using PS?

One folder that contains all originals; One for the full sized processed (8bit) files; One folder for the Web sized and optimized files.

Using the original, tweak and make all adjustments to the image(s) and if shot in similar lighting, you could batch process for this.

Save those to the full sized processed folder for printing.

Using the processed files, crop to 800x600 pixels (approx.) and then go to: File>save for web> specify the Web folder and save.

Is that what you are asking?

Jan - in shooting weddings, very rarely do i have customers that order multiple prints that exceed 11X14. Here is what i do. I simply finalize all my prints at 12X8 (no loss of origional ratio) at 400 DPI. At this size i should be able to cover all my bases up to 11X14 at 300DPI. I go from RAW - to final HI RES JPEG. I then save them into a folder labled "Final-Complete JPEGS"

If you need all of them to be 4X5 at 300 DPI, then simply optain a program such as Adobe Elements ($100) or PSCS that do "Batch" work. This is simply a system in which the prgram "Records" your actions for a sigle picture then copies those actions to an entire folder of pictures. HUGE TIME SAVER. So - you can run a batch for 300 photos that will automate the entire folder for you to build all of them at 4X5 at 300 DPI or what ever you prefer.