Mamiya 645E camera bag suggestions

h._shafi

Hi,

I need advice on a good camera bag and/or backpack to fit a Mamiya

645E with 80mm, 55mm, and 150mm lenses + a flash + film/filters

etc. Any suggestions will be much appreciated. My only real

requirementa are that the bag be durable, well-padded, and

convenient to haul around town or during travel (carry-on).

Thanks!

-Haz

I would suggest a camera case over a bag,their very protective of your equipment and you can lock them up.You can find them at almost any good camera shop, i bought one at ritz camera which use to hold my pentax 67 two lenses an extra back and a flash and because it was made by quantaray,it only cost me $46.00 USD.

I've been very happy with with the f.64 MFX Medium Format bag. It can hold all that you

specify, and has two detachable side pockets that make it possible to use the bag as a

carry-on. Usually what I do is detach the side pockets and put them in my checked

baggage: these usually hold accessories like the grip or my Cokin filter holders. Then

when I get to the destination I just reattach as necessary. I've used this bag to carry both a

645E and its lenses, but also a 645E and Nikon N90s with a couple lenses each, or an

RB67 and accountrements. IMHO the f.64 products are oustanding without being

unreasonably priced. And the protection offered is excellent.

I also have a Lowepro Nature Trekker backpack that I took on a trip to Japan. It carried the

645E with three lenses, an N90s with three lenses, a BessaR with two lenses, and about

sixty rolls of 35mm and 120. It weighed a ton but held all of that almost comfortably. :-)