Server Problems- info for the site admin.

vivek iyer

Hi philip, Adding a mosaic to the "caption search" is nice becouse adds some more visibility to photos that did not make it to home page, but still i guess the situation is confusing.

<br>

<br>

I would divide the mosaic into categories (nature, travel, flowers, landscape), so at least it is a bit more simple to pick up an argument... and then clicking on the image goes to the image, and clicking the category goes to the trp for that category, one month average - i would say 1m average becouse it is intresting, it has many good images, without having the first trp page crowded with 6.50 averages, more difficult to change in time.

<br><br>

also it could be nice to do a search for caption where category="travel" - for example. filtering for category could straighten results a little.

<br><br>

and one more thing.... give a look to this initiative:

<br><br>

http://www.photo.net/shared/community-member?user_id=617763

<br><br>

wouldn't be nice if it was photo.net to provide a framework to organize monthly contests on a theme? and a number (1-3) pics a month from the contest being published in home page, or in ad-hoc - good visibility - page? people that complain that photo.net is skewed too much toward trp would be more than happy to prove themselves on a contest, on a closed theme, with real judges that give motivations to their choices instead that johndoe raters....

You are right, i too would like to see photos "critique only" to show up more often - expecially considering there are *many* of great merit... however i know there is a strong technical reason that help programmers to privilege rated images: they can be ordered. Critique only image, instead, would be necessarily picked up at random by the sistem, there is no way to tell wich is more worth than anoter, or they could be picked up by number of comments (but wouldn't this sparkle out mate comments?), or - my favourite choice - there could be humans picking up pictures out of the rating sistem, following a monthly theme to which willing photographers have to apply and file images.

I like the new caption search method over the general search but wish that I can search for keywords in a folder title also; sometimes a caption has little connection with the photo.

Seven, I search for one of my photos that have not been submitted for ratings and has a unique caption and it came up as the first photo.