Anyone use HiTech warming filters for Cokin P?

anish

Hello all,

I use split ND grads quite a bit, and I'm finding that the shady

areas in many of my shots lack warmth. Now I've heard that warming

filters are used to compensate for this, but I've never really tried

them.

If I use a screw on filter, then I'm concerned about vignetting when

I add the Cokin holder. So I'm thinking about a Hitech 81A or 81B

that I can slide into the second slot of the Cokin holder.

Has anyone used these? Any comments on the quality? I've used

Hitech ND grads, and there is a definite non-neutral cast. How

about their warming filter?

Thanks for any input.

-Anish

When you say the Hitech N.D. grad produces a non-neutral cast, I'm not sure what you mean. If you want to clarify that, I'd be glad to try to help out. Offhand, maybe you should try a varigated N.D. As to your questions about the graduated Hitech 81A or B, I use both and find they work quite well but I use the Hitech holder, not the Cokin P arrangement. My suggestion, however, is just warming the entire scene using a threaded 81A or B because I think that will give you the balance you want instead of trying to warm up one particular area of the shot, if that's what you're trying to do. With an 81A the effects are very slight, even in very cool light, and the 81B, just slightly warmer. Take it light. Mark

Mark,

When i say I want to use a warming filter in my Cokin holder, I am not suggesting I only use it to cover part of the image. I intend to "warm" the entire image. I only consider the Hitech since I am not sure if using a threaded warming filter and then attaching the Cokin setup for my ND grad will cause vignetting.

And when i say non-nautral cast, I'm referring to the magenta that my 3 stop hitech ND adds. I bought a SIngh Ray recently which took care of that problem.

-Anish