The site is aimed at photo editors and art directors, but I think I

need to add something about prints, etc. Some of the captions

aren't in the database yet, and not all of the search keywords are

there, and I need to add about another 300 images, but give it a

whirl if you get a chance. Be sure to fill up your lightbox with a

few pictures and submit an image info request. You'll get an HTML

email confirming that. Don't worry, I'll know that it's from people

on this thread. I won't call you back or email you anything. I'm

not looking to make any money here, just want to get some opinions.

I cherish the bad ones as much as the good ones. Thanks!

Mike Hardeman

http://www.michaelhardeman.com/

Hi Michael,

First off, your images are beautiful!

I have two critiques of the site: 1) The drop-shadow effect in the Tour seems to be positioned incorrectly. There's a heavy black shadow along the left and top of the images. 2) In the search functionality for your images, the drop-downs have options listed that don't return any images (specifically Forests and Seashores in the Subject option). I didn't check them all. It's just frustrating for a user to click on an available option only to find out that there's really nothing available for that option.

Hope that helps!

Stephen,

Yes, your thoughts about the shadow are echoed by a friend of mine. I always like the way that it created this 3d effect, but it could be distracting. I may change that, but it will be a big change, because that's the image itself, not a frame, so I'd have to change them all. Regarding the category, I have not made the necessary tweaks to the database to make all those work, so I'll be on that this weekend. Thanks for providing a little beta test support!

I can definitely understand the hassle of changing all those images. But if you're interested, there are several cross-browser CSS techniques for creating drop-shadows without modifying your source images. There's <a href="http://alistapart.com/articles/cssdropshadows/">this one</a> and some others at <a href="http://www.alistapart.com">A List Apart</a>. Good resources there, if you decided you wanted to change.

>>I'm using a mac with OS 10.2.8 and Explorer 5.2 . I can view text

>>but no images. Any others out there with the same problem or is it

>>just me. If there are others Michael you might want to know.

Do me a favor and right click on the areas where the images should be and bring up the properties of the image. What is the path name being displayed? Thanks

I've had others express a problem with the Mac and Explorer. If someone runs into the problem of no images showing up on that plaform (or any other, for that matter), could you please right click on where the image is supposed to be and tell me what you get for the image URL? I have a feeling that it is somehow mangled on that platform, and I have no way of checking it out myself. Thanks again!

Thanks, I had a friend with a Mac help me through this. In case anyone else has this problem, the properties associated with an image control or an image button in .NET can let you input path names of images using a "\", instead of a "/" on Windows, but the Mac platform doesn't like it. I thought when the first posting said they couldn't see the pictures, that they meant NO images were showing up. It took me a while to find out it was just the thumbnails and a couple of buttons. Anyway, that was the problem. Should work fine now! (And I got Big Sur moved back from Colorado to California where it belongs).

<I>.NET can let you input path names of images using a "\", instead of a "/" on Windows,

but the Mac platform doesn't like it. </i><P>

I don't think you can necessarily blame the Mac OS for this. Remember that your initial

version worked fine on my Mac, using the Safari brower. It only failed with MS Explorer.

Thus, it was apparently a Microsoft problem, not a Mac problem per se.