Konica S info needed

Hello All,

I recently acquired two Konica rangefinders in good condition. An

Auto S2 & a "S"(not auto). I've been able to find lots of info on the

S2, but not the S. It has a Hexanon 48mm f1.8 lens. Does

anyone know this camera. Any info will help.

Thanks David H.

David - I gather the "S" you have is *not* the camera <a href=http://www.photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/index-frameset.html?KonicaAutoS.html~mainFrame>pictured here</a> ?

Also saw a reference to a Konica Auto (I think an Auto S) with a fixed lens having a max aperture of f/1.6.

Yours is a bit of a mystery.

Michael S.: yes, it's the Konica S on that page

David, check this thread -- http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00B7S8

I have one sitting on my shelf alongside my desk right now. The lens is good (based on slides I took in the 1960's), the meter is selenium, so likely not accurate (if not dead), great shooter and used once for self defense during a Viet Nam era altercation (long story, don't ask)

The Konica S is forerunner of the S-II, which was my first camera (aside from the Brownie). Rare in the US, probably sold mostly in Japan.

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem, could only find the info on that Japanese site.

Last week I bought one for 15 euros, with the original instruction manual with it. Two different versions of the S exist: one has a f/1.8 lens and the other a f/2.8 (like mine). When I bought mine, the rangefinder was not accurate. Fortunately, the horizontal and vertical adjustment of the mirror of the Konica S is a piece of cake. When I opened the top cover I could see the camera is build to last forever. Great camera, I cannot wait to see my first pictures, the S-lenses have an excellent reputation!

• 3 years later...
<p>I have a 1959 Konica S as well. It's in pristine condition, with flshbulbs in original boxes and even the users manual and flyer that had all the prices on it. It's amazing. I have the screw on filters, but dont know how to attach them. Anyone know??</p>