hksupplies.com

I have. On two occasions, both about two years ago. Completely positive experiences,

both. I bought Hasselblad and Contax.

Recently, though, i emailed a couple of product inquiries, and did not receive a response.

Don't know if the problem was on my end or his. If you haven't had a problem contacting

Poon, there shouldn't be a reason not to do business with him.

I've never heard of them but they have a great feedback rating on eBay and their website looks fine. Their prices are incredible on the M bodies. I saw an M7 for $2300 which seems to be too good to be true. Are the cameras "grey market" maybe? I think they are definately worth looking into but I'd rather here serveral more positive remarks here before buying from them.

One thing I noticed on their return policy is it states that in most cases you need to send it back to them in Hong Kong if it needs repair and that some items don't come with a warranty.

Hi Erik,

Yes, they are reputable, though they are not as quick getting back to me. I normally buy gear from another ebay seller who gets back to me pretty quick (if you are close to the timezone in Hong Kong of course !---of which I am) called "urgalaxy", and the guy's name is Hugo. Another two that I have had positive experiences from are "amhlee" (his name is Anthony Lee) and "chinaarts" (His name is Joseph). I bought Canon EOS, Nikon AF-S and Leica M gear from them before and it was good.

Good luck

Never a problem with Poon. I've purchased several Leica items from him and not only did the transaction go well, but very fast service as well. I live on the East Coast of the US.The deliveries were each within a week.

never tried them, but always see their postings on ebay. i recommend popflash.photo as a seller on ebay - and has a website as well - i think it's popflash.com. nice guy. sells both grey market and u.s. depending upon which price you find more attractive. i bought my m7, 50mm and 90mm 'crons from him. i have no affiliation with him.

Dear Erik:

They can be completely trusted. If I recall (it has been over a year)the fellow's name is Poon.

I purchased both an M6 ttl chrome (out of auction) and a lens (latest Summicron 50mm / F2) from him/them.

Completely trustworthy in every aspect. Camera continues to work like a charm, better than described, as was /is the lens....

Don't worry on this one, you can truly have peace of mind here.

However, I would firmly use FedEx...Just a s a rule.

Another normal mail service was used, and customs can be an INCREDIBLY frightening experience...believe me.

A little extra for FedEx is worth the peace of mind as well.

Good Luck. Hope this helps.

C

• 2 months later...

I do not use Leica gear. But recently I have tried to sent him two emails about some Medium Format equipment. One to sales@hksupplies.com, and the other to his ebay account -- asking a question on a Nikon camera ;-)

No response to both. I guess he is out on a vacation. Looks like a small operation to me. But I have only seen positive impressions by other people.

The website www.hksupplies.com could have been designed without Flash. And is perhaps hosted by some very slow/overloaded ISP. The DNS resolution takes ages!