Help ! Where can I buy profilm in Bakersfield, CA?

Try http://profilm.com. I think they're in East Bay and Bakersfield would be zone 1 UPS, so you'd get it the next day. Calif. sales tax applies, naturally. :<( My own preference is B&H but I buy quite a bit of film at once. The biggest advantage, aside from the price is the NO Calif. Sales tax. Also, if you go to Rosedale and can't find what you need, call Myrick over in Monterey. They're pretty well stocked with various brands of mostly pro film. Mark

If a pro in California; the sales tax chaps ask you to pay for the California sales tax; whether the film is bought in California; or out of state. Since you are the end user; it is viewed as taxed. When caught; the uncollected tax is added with a penalty; then the unpaid interest is applied. Once I got audited in California; and paid about 2 to 3 times the darn tax; if I had just paid it. Since the state is short of cash; they love to clean your clock when you cheat them. What if the auditors are monitoring this thread? :)

In many states; the printers materials; paper; ink; photopaper; are not taxed. You charge your customers for the printing. Before one dives off into mailordering ones materials; see what your local tax laws are; for your state; for your processes. Getting caught is no fun. The auditors dont have much of a sense of humor; for "ripping off" the state. They will dig like moles until then find errors.

Order your film from B&H or Adorama. If you're scrupulously honest about helping the Governator balance the budget, you can pay the use tax when you file your state income tax form.

Another option is to check out the nearest Target or Wal-Mart. Some of those stores carry Kodak Ultra Color 400, an excellent professional film, in three-packs. When I checked my local Target, they were selling it for less than B&H (and you can pay your sales tax right there in the store).