nikkor vs. series e lens

joanne_gonzalez

<I>...i see that there's a nikkor and a series E. is there a big difference between them?</I><P>

I have Nikon's own literature from the 1980s, and can directly compare the optical layout of both lenses. The formulas are very similar, but the true Nikkor uses a more complex third / fourth element(s) set up with a cemented pair, while the Series E has a single element that closely matches that shape. Whether or not this would result in a difference that actually shows up on film would be hard to say.<P>

I'll post a quick scan to show the internal and external views of both lenses.<P>

FWIW, I don't know if you are married to the 135mm focal length, but like some of the others, I have the 75-150mm f/3.5 Series E lens and find it to be terrific. It is like a flexible 100mm or so lens with better framing options than a single focal length. Several of the photos in my folder (click on my name to access the photos) were amde with the 75-150mm zoom. You can check the data to confirm which lens was used.<div>00HrQG-32059484.jpg.a288bb69d57d54dc6b301ae7669cde2f.jpg</div>