Joe Lopez

Does anyone have any experience having a Rollei TLR serviced by a

repair shop in Seattle or Tacoma? I'm aware of the general

recommendations for people I could send my Rollei to by mail, but I'd

like to exhaust local possibilities first. Other than a self-timer

that doesn't work (well, it works when IT wants to), I don't have any

specific problems to fix, I just need to have a 2.8C cleaned and

adjusted.

Thanks, Ted. It's not really a question of money. I have several Rollei's (and also a Mamiya TLR), and I'd like to develop an ongoing relationship with someone whose ability and judgment I could trust. At the same time, in the search for someone in the area who might fill the bill, I don't want to experiment by sending my Rollei out to someone who'll return it "serviced" with glue oozing out the leatherette and loose screws rattling around inside. So I thought I'd see what experiences people might have had with local repair folks.

While I haven't used them (yet) I dropped by last week and they were very nice in showing me a Rolleiflex in the shop and discussing it with me. They even tested the shutter speeds on one of their machines for me.

I would say, however, that Fleenor in SoCal is generally considered the best repair man in the States and you won't get yours back from him "oozing glue" or with loose screws. The man has an outstanding reputation (he did the camera I'm currently borrowing).