Selling Event Photos Online. What Service You Use..

aaron_m_baxter

I shot my first digital wedding last weekend using a Digital Rebel and my original lenses

from my film camera. Now that I have all the pictures done, I want to present them to the

client via the internet and allow them to choose the prints and sizes they want from there.

I have looked into Shutterfly's pro accounts and they seem nice. But I wanted to see what

you guys think about similar services before I go and drop $200 on the Shutterfly service.

Anyone have suggestions on another service that has great quality, quick service?

After looking over several options, I decided to go with eventpix. They charge a $100 setup fee, and if you're a member of a professional org., it drops to $50. You are charged per event. Later on, I may switch to morephotos.com, which charges a flat $50 per month for up to 2500 images. YMMV, so check them out, do your research, and go with the one you're comfortable with. Best of luck.

Printroom, service isn't too shabby, I think it was 100 bucks to set up the pro account, the prints don't look too bad either, I'm looking into having Mpix do the printing for my albums though, I have to order prints from both and do a direct comparison, but Printroom makes selling prints online very easy, although my last customer complained, then said "well really the pictures made me look fat"

others that ordered prints were just giddy. keep in mind YMMV

Thanks, Kenneth.

I tried using Pictage for awhile last year, but they are very expensive, and I didn't receive a single order after posting 2 weddings. Instead, the reprint orders were made by phone or email. I think that the interface might have been too confusing on Pictage.

I received orders over my Website within the first week, so I know I must be doing something right.

"<i>...Do your own fulfillment on the prints</i>". <p>Isn't this the main reason to use an online service? so you <i>don't</i> have to do your own fulfillment? I mail a CD, pay 20 cents per image and have the whole lot online for 90 days and the checks just come in the mail. Couldn't be easier and I set my own profit margins. <p>The prints are they same ones I'd have to drive downtown <i>twice</i> for (by "self fulfilling") every time someone placed an order, or pay shipping to the lab and back and then pay shipping to the client, or fill in the blanks in the online ordering software and organize the order for 10 of #2365 5x7 glossy, 6 of #2366 4x6 matte, etc etc ad nauseum. <p>I had to place an order last week for a PR gig I did... 29 images into 93 5x7s. What a pain in the butt! Took 4 hours out of my life, a gallon of gas and, even marking them up 100%, I <i>still</i> only make $100.<p>I <i>hate</i> self fulfillment... I am NOT a photo lab or a courier, I am (trying to be) a photographer!... t <p>(wow. I didn't think <i>that</i> was in me. Sorry for the diatribe and attitude.)

Aaron,

There are several online proofing services but you can get a good deal with QuickAlbums.com, no contracts, and they have 30 days money back gurantee. they start at $25 inlcuding, free website, free domain, free hosting and online proofing. I think it is the best deal out there.

Other options are Digilabs, collages.net, morephotos.

Good Luck