the crumpler series bags, but I can't find any in my area to view

hands on. I also like the Domke series and the Tamrac Velocity 9

sling bag.

I would love to hear from some one that has experience with these

bags, so that I dont waist my money on a bag that isn't suitable for

my needs.

thanks in advance for your response.

Corey

I was very excited about the Crumpler bags, they are very well built and imho give better protection than e.g. Lowepro's.

The reason, why i didn't buy one, because i couldn't find a way to fit in my Elan7/BP-300 with 70-200 f4 attached.

So i went with a Lowepro MiniTrekker and am very pleased.

Btw i tried a Tall-E and a 15Love, the biggest bag (Business something ?!) was just to large...

The crumpler bags are nice, I have both the 15Love and the TallE, but if you have longer lenses than a 200mm they do not fit in there. However they are great for my Leica M system and a SLR outfit with lenses ending at 200mm. The TallE is in my eyes much better than the 15Love for a SLR; A body with lens and a smaller lens fit nicely in the top pocket, and another lens and a flash in the 'secret chamber' below. Currently the TallE can be found for around USD 70 on e*ay and it is well worth it, but there is also the new Ben's Pizza XL (?) which would be a viable, but slightly smaller alternative.

Someone on one of these forums once compared opening a Crumpler bag to the sound of a rip in the space-time continuum. If you're interested in working near people in a candid manner or near wildlife I'd give a few extra seconds of thought to the sound their velcro makes when opening. It just wouldn't work for me.

I have several Domke bags and always have one draped off my shoulder. It took awhile for my neck muscles to get used to this (as oppossed to a rucksack style) but I like the easy access to everything as I'm walking. Domke canvas bags kind of age nicely too. But that's petty. I find I don't use the little padded compartments, but pad my camera with a scarf or sweater which I may need for my day anyway.

I have a Domke 4AF, love it. It has velcro tabs instead of long velcro flaps, so

no ripping the time-space continium. A bigger bag would cripple me.

I carry Fuji S2, 80-200 f2.8, 17-35 f2.8, 50 f1.8, 24-85 f3.5-46,

SB80dx, Seconic 358, Eclipse cleaning kit, bulb blower, enough batteries

for anything, 8 CF cards, polarizer filters, flash extension cable,

cable release, and I think there's a partridge in there somewhere...

(couldn't fit the pear tree though) It never slips off the shoulder unwanted, the flaps cover everthing and the main hook catch (which I usually leave undone) discourages casual peekers when it's set down.

With the "back pack strap" accessory you can sling it as a low back pack and haul it for miles (yards in my case ;{).

It's rugged and well padded. has enough attach rings to strap on a monopod or (god forbid) a tripod.

I got mine used on Ebay for $60, but after having it for 2 years I'd

pay for a brand new one if it ever needs replacement (it's that good).