lubitel 2 and a 420ex.. What do I need to synch them

ibcrewin

Just a simple PC cord should do. The Ljubitel end should be the garden variety PC connector and the 420ex end must fit the flash (naturally).

I'm not familiar with the flash, but I assume that it can be switched to completely manual mode. You will have to compute the aperture using

aperture = guide number / distance from subject

Guide number is mentioned somewhere in the manual for the flash. If the flash can use AUTO mode (not TTL, just AUTO), you can use it in that mode and the flash will take care of proper exposure (just make sure that you set the aperture of the lens according to what flash manual tell you).

You can use whatever shutter speed you want, Ljubitel is a leaf shutter system. The shutter speed only affects your ambient picture (the faster you set it, the darker background you will get and viceversa).

I don't know about the Lubitel but I would assume it uses a standard PC connection. As for the 420EX, it has no PC connection so you must use a hot-shoe adapter. While this will work, the biggest inconvenience is that the flash will only fire at full power which means your batteries won't last very long and you must determine the appropriate aperture based on subject distance using the guide number of the flash. An inexpensive simple auto flash like the Vivitar 283/285 or Sunpak 383 would be much easier to use.