Preview box .

marc_morris

Hi Marc...

The word I hear from brides about photo boxes is that they've had too many friends that warn them against that option. The photos get out of order - some get misplaced - some get given away and then there is no record of exactly what shot they gave away etc.. Plus - considering the ease of ordering from proof albums - I just don't think it is a smart marketing option...

I prefer high capacity proof albums www.michelcompany.com

I can put the images in sequential order. Each order blank next to each photo has the photo neg and set number next to it so that if it gets pulled out - it is easy to replace it and/or at least know what image is missing.

The order blocks literally "invite" people to put a check mark next the images they want. Then when another couple or other family member looks through the proof album - they see some people or the couple marked the prints they want and they also put the little check marks in and so on. The couple - having shown the album around and have actual orders in there - are reminded about those enlargements every time they open the album to show someone else and eventually the order comes in. I see anywhere from 4 to 10 different post it notes or different handwritings in those proof albums so I do know they've been passed around quite a bit before they end up back with me.

Marc --

To answer your questions, Albums Inc. has 4x6x2 black archival boxes. Each one accomodates 125 proofs. They have deeper sizes as well to accomodate more.

The boxed option works best for me. I think it's more elegant than some of the proof books. My brides tell me they like to spread out the proofs on a table when selecting album prints. I used to use a proof magazine, and the album and print orders have not declined since switching back to 4x6s.