Found film, slides actually

With everyone finding film in cameras unprocessed I have not heard of

anyone finding old mounted slides. While at the flea market yesterday

a lady there had a large box of mounted Kodachromes she was trying to

figure out if they are worth anything..These came from an estate sale

and had a little viewer with them. I poked thru a few slides, saw

cars from the 1940s(perfectly exposed),some Canadian boyscout jamboree

(overexposed, but viewable), Army football game(also well exposed).

Wish I had time to look thru them, they were all from 1940s-1960s.

Kodachrome really holds up nice over time.

Not long ago, I stopped in at a little junk shop, looking for the stray camera needing TLC. Found none of those, but did find a box of Kodak "pocket slides" I think they were called??? Looked like 110 slides, very small. Never knew such a thing existed.

At any rate, images were all of older folks. I thought to pick them up, price was very low, but passed.

Yeah, great piles of old slides show up periodically on eBay. People somehow think that they might get some royalty-free photos. But possession of the image does not transfer the Copyright rights of the creator, even if they are dead. Of course, their heirs could have an uphill court battle. For instance, first they would have to prove authorship.

There were indeed pocket sized slides, and dedicated Kodak projectors for them, too.

I was at a local auction this summer and there was a box full of old 35mm slides (probably a couple hundred). I looked through them and found what you'd expect to find. I thought about bidding but didn't. This was before I was into looking for old film; although I probably still would have passed.

Alan

I find them from time to time. Most of the slides I've seen are pretty routine. Some have a certain charm. Here, for example, is one I found at the bottom of a box in a free pile at a yard sale. All the slides were loose, and all were obviously rejects, damaged, badly exposed, etc. But I can't help wondering what ever happened to this couple.<div>00BZyR-22472884.jpg.7ecbcad09f3f86b3c7ae2186c758c7b0.jpg</div>