anyone know the tachihara sw 810 camera

jesus_blazquez

I haven't heard of a non-folding 8x10 Tachihara but if there is one available in the U.S. I think Jim at Mid-West Photo Exchange (www.mpx.com) would have it or could get it and could also provide you with any information you want. You aren't by chance thinking of a non-folding Ebony 8x10 are you? If you are then Jim could tell you all about it too, Mid-West is a dealer for both Tachihara and Ebony.

Jim- do you know where I could get the Shen Hao 8x10? I currently have their 4x5 and I love it - I'm looking at adding an 8x10 to the family and if something I'm bidding on on $bay doesn't come through, I'd be glad to take a look at one. Also, if you don't mind my asking, what is it going for?

The 8X10 Shen Hao is not currently imported by any dealers, except by special order. I am told that this is due to price - it's around $2500, which, while it may be a nice camera, seems to be a little higher than most people expected from Shen Hao (given that their 4X5 is around $700). The only person I know who owns one is Ken Lee. He has had some issues with light leaks and his camera is currently on it's way back to China to get sorted. I think I'd wait for a couple of months to be sure that any production or design issues with the camera are fixed before ordering one.

• 4 months later...