Very Interesting Web Site

>Henry Chavez , mar 20, 2005; 05:50 p.m.

>That wiring to the right will not pass code. I'm not kidding, it looks like a fire hazard. Be

careful.

Thanks for the concern, Henry. I'm not kidding when I say my lawyer is going to have a

'chat' with my landlord. Yeah, it has come to that... :(

I cannot see how anyone can determine the image quality from any camera over the web especially when it often involves reduced size files, imperfections from scans and viewing on second rate screens.

While the RD1 overall seems to be a quality unit with some very nice design features, some reviews indicate it suffers from viewfinder limitations due to image magnification and from image quality limitations.

I think Leica's plans for a digi M sound better with a 10mp sensor. I really hope though it is a 1:1 sensor. But, I doubt it's likely to use the lovely analogue dials that the RD1 sports, which I thought were a lovely design touch. Time will tell.

Jon, I enjoyed your "mad" cat shots - much personality!

So, I've attached my puss who has become placid in his old age!. M7 & 90mm Elmarit, which I recently bought from a fellow member here and am delighted with.<div>00BZA2-22456284.jpg.bf463ec7ada6a8f39e011ed77ceb710e.jpg</div>

Hi Syuji, it is the current version Elmarit. It performs just like Erwin Puts says - superbly sharp. If the extra stop is not important (Summicron version), the Elmarit is wonderfully compact with brilliant optics. I also like its shorter throw from close focus to infinity.

...and yes this has become a bit of a cat thread. But cats are good for testing lenses (not much else!) and how well detail like fur resolves. And you did start it with the link to cat shots (joke)!

Simon,

Thank you for clariying the Elmarit version. That's exactly what I

thought. A photo like yours make me want to get Leica lens. Clarity

and contrast is superb. It's something you can't tweak on Photoshop.

The image has to be shot with the particular lens. I can definitly

see Leica quality in your cat photo even though it's a small photo on

the web.

Agree Syuji.

By the way, I recently shot a test roll on an early (circa 1968 Wetzlar) 135mm Tele-Elmar - despite some lens fog, it was amazingly sharp edge to edge. I think I'm itching for one of them as I love 135mm field of view.