there next and can wait to get it there if it's cheaper. If anybody

knows some photography companies websites from Australia post them

up and I can look into it myself.

Thanks!

-bryan

Anton has one link for grey imports.

Also check grey imports at www.etown.co.nz

or real products *not grey* www.photo.co.nz

The other two above may not have film products or film or tripod or stuff like that, camera bags, filters etc etc....

Being in NZ, I buy from the USA via ebay or B+H. Haha.

To date I have only bought my Nikon D70 remote here, and 2 roll of pro film and loads of cheap film when I was not a photo geek. One roll of pro kodak ekata film at a NZ auction site. haha.

I even got 20 roll of pro film in my freezer that was bought abroad. Only got 2 roll of pro film bought here in NZ. Others were cheap film when I wasn't a photo geek.

Film is v v v expensive here. 135 36 shot of Provia or Velvia is like $15US here. Its $4US in the USA man. Film is also expensive like 30-50% more. Digital is like 20-30% more. A Nikon D70 is $1000US body alone. Grey can be cheaper by 10-20% at those litte shops. Film SLR is a lot more, a Nikon F100 is like $2000US here, its under $1000US in the USA.

Gitzo 1228 tripod like $1000US isn't it? Stuff like Gitzo is buyable in NZ but few stores have it.

www.photowarehouse.co.nz is one store that can accsss it. Some stores buy from B+H I was told here. haha. I enquired about some lens filters by B+W.

I don't know exactly where you are in New Zealand at present, but if you're in Auckland check out Auckland Camera centre www.aucklandcamera.com who are in Kingsland, and Progear who are in Parnell.

They are both a bit slow in updating their websites, but their prices do vary from item to item and in some cases (for lenses anyway) their prices can be as good as buying on EBAY or from B&H. For example, Progear are currently selling a new, non IS canon 70-200 for $2136 NZD which with the exchange rate & GST taken into account is about the same as buying from the US. It really does depend on the actual item.You're best going to the actual shops or phoning them up as the prices on the website aren't always the current ones.

As already mentioned, Photo & Video Intl in Christchurch ,www.photo.co.nz,are also cheap by NZ standards, and from memory I think their film prices may be slightly cheaper than the others I've mentioned..

Film is expensive in NZ, check out the websites as these prices vary as well.

Hope that helps,

Cheers

Bevan