digital M3 mini cams. 2.1 , 3 or even the 4MP version. (I have seen the

downsized samples floating around the web, but don't care for downsized

images, but rather see fullsize to get a better idea of the real abilities/

flaws of the camera.

I understand what they are and have limitations, and IMO a very cool camera,

regardless of the image quality, but wanted to get an idea if it would be

usable , and not expecting much.

Some of these ~$100 cmos digicams take reasonable daylight pics, and wanted to

see if they are atleast as good as a some of these others.

Any opinions very welcome.

Thanks in advance,

P.J.

From quality point of view, the Minox M3 2.1 MP digial is about the same as Minox Rolleiflex minidigi, for which see <P><P><a href="http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=566288">Rolleiflex minidigi sample pictures</a>,<P> and sl better than pictures from Minox EC<P>

The quality of Minox 2.1MP classic digital camera actually can

match the quality of Tessina camera.<P>

Examples<P>

<a href="http://www.photo.net/photo/4070090&size=lg">Terrocata warrior, with Rolleiflex minidigi</a><P>

<a href="http://www.photo.net/photo/4761997&size=lg">Terracota warrior, with Tessina automatic 35mm</a><P><P>

Tessina sells in $400-$500 and up on ebay, hence M3 and minidigi even

a 2.1MP version perform not bad at all<P>

One limitation of Minox M3 digital is the lack of external memory card slot, hence its picture is stored in internal memory, mine version can store about 50 full size shots, compare to Rolleiflex minidigi, a 512MB scandisk card can store about 1000 full size pictures, that is why I seldom use my Minox M3 digital, rather use my minidigi.<P>

You can certainly get better digital cameras then Minox M3, Minox Rolleilflex minidigi, but these two camera are still smaller than many digital cameras on the market, and last but not least, one buys

M3 digital or minidigi for their classic camera look, in that aspect,

there is no alternative.

Well the Leica/Minox M3 4.0 megapixel is available for $189 on ebay until that guy runs out. I have been really tempted to get it but I see drawbacks being no zoom and no upgradeable memory. I've seen them for even less than that price occasionally. Considering that model goes for 289 Euro from Minox which is about $320, Ebay's guy with the new ones is a good deal but I think I will hold out for a zoom and SD card.

Thanks for the infos and samples.

Martin,

are the CR2 3.6 volt recuargeables known to damage the M3 or the minidigi?

The 3V non-rechargeable CR2 average price at Walgreens is an 8 dollar US , battery. And the rechargeabke CR2 3.6 volt can be had for $8 shipped.

Have you heard of any success with anyone using the 3.6V rechargeable with the M3 or minidigi? without damaging the camera?

• 1 month later...
The new DCC Minox M3 5MP camera has SD, but of course no zoom. Hey, it is a M3! Price was quoted as EUR 199 on Photokina, but it doesn't show up in the shop at www.minox.de yet. And of course it is a 3MP camera, the 5MP are interpolated to fool the pixel hungry. I have a Panasonic FZ3, and 3MP are more than enough.