I have a M4 that has become a little pesky...when I change lenses or

when I try to preview different lenses with the frameline preview

lever the framelines do no move from the standard 35mm lines...they

are stuck...

anyhow...I am looking for a recommendation on whom I should send my

camera to be repaired

Thanks in Advance,

Andrew

If you are in the USA, Golden Touch / Sherry Krauter. She comes highly regarded in this forum. She specializes in M camera repairs, (but won't work on threadmount cameras).

She has rebuilt enough old M's for forum members that she is in the "legendary" category.

I can attest to her service and good work. She has CLA'd some old dusty rangefinder glass for me. These returned sparkling like new!

Sherry Krauter or Don Goldberg at Dagcamera. Both receive extremely high ratings from Leica users, both domestic & foreign. I've only used Don and he has done outstanding work for me for several years. Call or Email each of them describing your problem and ask for a quote.

Andrew,

Kindermann Canada's Gerry Smith is acknowledged as another master. He has repaired and CLA'd two screwmounts for me and both came back like factory new. Fast turnaround time too. Do a search on Leica repair on this site and you'll find many other threads mentioning him as well as DAG and the other main experts.

I'd vote for DAG anytime but I've heard good things about Sherry Krauter as well.

I don't know about Tamarkin for repairs as all they probably do is contract it out. However, you can bet that they will stand behind the repair. They're also great to deal with.

Rich

I use DAG, his work has been great. I had to send my MP in to Leica under warranty once and they did a good job too. Never used Sherry but did own an M4-P she overhauled just before I bought it, ended up returning it to the store because the shutter speeds were wildly off, but otherwise the camera worked great.