Battery Question

johnmarkpainter

I don't use a lot of on-camera Flash....I normally just use Alkaline "Pro-Cells" when I do.

I'm not really interested in using a Battery Pack as I don't normally use enough Flash (often

enough) to warrant the trouble. I have recently heard a lot about Lithium batteries.

Gear in Question: Nikon N90s, Nikon SB-80DX and Nikon SB-800. Should I use Lithiums

in all of these?

Thanks,

jmp

I use the Eveready lithiums in my F100, and they work better than any other type of battery for that. In flashes I use rechargeables due to the cost factor. Lithiums in flashes will last longer than any other type of battery. I would suggest trying a set in a flash and see what the cost/benefit ratio is for you.

John

I use lithiums in my cameras & flash units. I want to move freely (wedding photography) and the lithiums allow my flash to recycle almost immediately. They also last much longer than alkalines. The only downside, is that when they do die, they do without much warning. I always have a back-up set in my pocket. I've had no problem shooting a wedding on one set of fresh batteries.

Russ

Thanks C Jo.

One thing to keep in mind is looking for a charger that discharges before recycling to extend the life of the batteries. The CH-V6988 unit looks pretty good for that, but I love the car adapter on the unit you have. Great if you have to charge on the run!