accidental spit on negs...

i have done this just twice... when i'm impatient to get a bit of dust off of a color

negative (for some reason i've only done it to color even though i shoot more B&W). I

blow on the negative and accidentally get a tiny amount of spit onto it. the first time i

did it i thought, "oh it's just spit, it'll dry out and be fine". wrong. it has left a mark i

don't know how to get rid of.

prior to scanning it the other day, i did it again to another negative without thinking.

this time i immediately rushed to the film cleaner and wipes.... to no avail. the same

marks!

i am wondering if this has happened to anyone, and also if they know how to fix it. i

tried washing the negative the first time i did it.... no luck. I can always go to

photoshop, but i'd love to have the nice clean neg i started with... sans saliva.

i'll post the most recent photo... the marks are obvious... left-center and upper left

corner. in this case, i have better frames of the photo... but in case my mind slips,

next time i'd love to know how to take care of it! thanks! -jesse<div>00B5zp-21806284.jpg.6b2d25fd6da73d281917ef38d2aaf430.jpg</div>