Seeing the word Ciroflex in the post from CE Nelson reminded m e I

need to fix mine.

I've been hoping to stumble across an old non working one that I can

scrounge the Mirror from. My old Ciroflex is in beautiful shape, excet

the mirro came loose,and then shattered. I'd like to repair rather

than replace the camera since it was my Grandfather's. And for the

same reason would like to use a real Ciroflex part, just so it's all

from that era. Does anyone have, or knwo of anyone who has, an old non

working ciro with good mirror to get rid of?

I agree, a Ciroflex is probably not the best source for a mirror as they seem to have degraded in the Ciros I've seen. getting one cut to order would be perfect; polaroid cameras can donate good mirrors too without too many tears being shed. I don't think having a non-Ciro mirror in the camera would reduce its authenticity.

:)=

Cut your own, it's easy. Go to a hobby store and get a thin small mirror and a scoring knife. Most hobby stores sell both these items for cheap. Also I don't know if this matters with the Ciroflex, but if focusing is involved, the thickness of the replacement may be important. <a href="http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00BCaq&unified_p=1">Read this.</a>

Mirror thickness IS important. I made that mistake with my rolleicord.

I've got a Graflex Ciroflex. Screen isn't real bright, but it takes great photos.

Once you take it apart to do the mirror, I'd put in a brighter screen as well. You will not regret it!

Just my 2 cents...

You can't use any old mirror for a TLR, this has been repeated over and over. And still people say get a mirror from a glass store. The mirror has to be a front surface mirror. You are unlikely ever to find such a thing in a glass store. Try Edmund Scientific or American Science and Surplus. Or, like someone suggested, almost any cheap Polaroid (eg. Joycam) has a beautiful mirror inside it $1-$2 at a thrift store

I've been down this exact same road. Bought a ciro-flex for a buck, because the mirror was broken. I took the mirror out of a Kodak Duaflex and put it into the ciro-flex. The Duraflex mirror was a front surface mirror, but thicker. The focus was WAY off. The best way to be sure you have the right mirror is to use a mirror from the same model ciro-flex. It might even be a good idea to save a chunk of the broken mirror, to make sure the replacement mirror is the same thickness.

"I took the mirror out of a Kodak Duaflex and put it into the ciro-flex. The Duraflex mirror was a front surface mirror, but thicker. The focus was WAY off"

Yeah that is what I'm afraid of. I tried replacing it with a mirror form another camera, but same problem. Guess I"ll keep up the hunt for a beat up broke old Ciro.

It is VERY easy to readjust the viewing lens in a Ciroflex to suit whatever thickness of front or rear surface mirror you manage to find: the ring around the upper lens is a threaded nut; loosen that and the lens screws in or out as far as you like. When you have the focus on the viewfinder screen matching that on a groundglass in the film plane, just retighten the nut and you're done.

of course, a front surface mirror of 1 - 1.5mm thickness is best.

rick :)=

• 4 weeks later...
Hello I have an Ciro-flex and My Father took many pictures with this camera. He has passed away and I have it now. I have found film in it . Is there any place that I could take it for deleveloping? He used it for taking wedding pictures. He did them in the 1940 .This camera looks new all of the filters and flashes . What would this be worth now? thanks sue