workflow. What I am looking for is a simple program to display a JPG

and it's filename preferably large on an LCD monitor to the

purchasing parents. Any suggestions would be welcome. This would need

to be in PC format.

Sidenote: I spent 2 hours browsing and downloading from tucows with

no luck.

Cheers

Michael

Here is a slideshow with a few hockey images that I quickly threw together in <a href="http://www.irfanview.com/">IrfanView</a> (free image editor) that makes a exe slide show that will autorun from a CD and provides whatever text you want to be included.

<p><p>

It is 800KB so may take a few minutes to download with a slower connection.

<p><p>

<a href="http://www.watcherreport.com/public_img_files/uploads/hockey.exe">hockey.exe</a>

I would recommend ProShow Gold at www.photodex.com It will allow you to make cds,dvds,exe and upload to an online sharing page that you create. How cool is that! The parents can go home and view the images online and order after the event. The program in my opinion is superior to any program out there and the online sharing feature is 100% free. Good Luck

Mark Ridout

• 4 weeks later...

For a long time I have being using Powerpoint, very powerful but tedious in importing pictures.

Some weeks ago I moved to Picasa, but it has IMHO a serious problem in saving the show. Several times I lost everything and needed to start from scratch.

Last week I tried Proshow Gold. It is powerful in reorganizing slides and fast to create good DVDs and VCDs. But it has a main drawback: the quality of the pictures is extremely bad to show in a computer screen.

Let me share with you my workflow, since I may have been doing something very wrong. I changed the size of the original pictures to 1572 x 1024, a bit more than the screen to allow movement of some of them with picture quality and detail. I started the show (Show Options) as 1572 x 1024. Finally I created an executable of 1280 x 768, which is the actual pixel size of my monitor.

Horrible blurred images is the result. I am desperately seeking for any mistake I might have done.

If I do not find an answer, I will have to move to Adobe Photoshop Elements 3 or to Adobe Premiere. And of course will make as bad publicity as I can about this so popular slideshow software. I cannot believe that this software is only designed for slideshows in TVS (low resolution) but offers no solution for slideshow in computer monitor and proyector.

Thank you very much, Manuel.