Advertising

roxyandkaidotcom

So how much advertising do you all do? Do you ask your brides how they heard of you? If so, what do they

usually tell you. I've been told I should advertise and go to the Bridal Fair shows but then others tell me

word of mouth gets you more calls. I've been posting on Craigslist for a few months now and I've gotten

almost all my bookings from people who found me on there.

Just curious how you all market yourselves.

Thanks for the info!

Sarah

The only advertising I've done is having a website. I get googled about 3 times a day. Of those people about 1 in 10 call and want more information. The rest of my business is friends or family of previous clients. I booked 2 of my 12 weddings this year from my website.

Yeah, the Craigslist people do seem to be looking for bargains. I'm really cheap because I'm

just starting out so I've booked almost everyone I've talked to. A few of them have gone for

my most expensive package (which is only $1000 right now) but a couple have gone with the

LOOOOOWest, which is a sad little $500.

Hopefully I'll be able to up the prices soon and then I'll probably have to spend some money

on advertising. Oh, well ... whatever it takes!

S

The yellow pages has been the most effective for me but I suspect it is effective because it works hand in hand with my website. When I revamped my website my number of calls didn't change but the number of bookings made from those calls increased. I also do the local wedding expo/bridal show and feel that at this satge of my business I need to be seen lots so I'm flying the flag as much as anything. I also advertise at a permanent wedding expo type of place that refers me leads. I think you need to be very visible, particularly in the early stages before WOM really kicks in for you. I have also just taken the big step of taking a half page ad in the top wedding magazine in NZ...doesn't come out till December, I'll let you know how it goes!

Lots of bookings through Yellow Pages, with a direct link to our website. Works well. Craigslist brings in bargain shoppers. which is fine to help with spreading your name around. I'd rather book an inexpensive wedding then sitting at home! Our studio still manages to shoot about 120 to 150 weddings a year. This includes video and events. Word of mouth also brings in several weddings a year.

Local hotels, florists, we get together with the head people there and offer to update their website pics, refer them. Another thing we do is have a monthly breakfast with local people that we like to do bizz with. DJ's wedding planners and even other photographers. Real estate agents are some of our biggest clients because they need headshots and we their holiday parties.