Where can I get a oddball lensboard?(where's Pat Alt)

benjamin_lineberry

If you "google" Patrick, you'll find his photo website with an email address, but

I don't think he's doing so much in the restoration/accessories business these

days. Authentic three-piece boards are a little tricky to make, but quite good

boards can be made with high quality birch plywood on a table saw....There

are members who will make them for others for a price.

email me off board for info.

http://www.mammothcamera.com/contact.html

Hi Benjamin,

I too have an 11x14 requiring odd-ball lensboards. What I ended up doing was taking the lensboard the camera came with (~7.5" square) and mounting a Cambo to Sinar lensboard adapter (obtained for about $25 on eBay) directly onto it with some screws and silicon gasket material. This board stays permanently mounted on the camera and allows me to use easily obtainable Sinar boards. It's not as pretty as having boards in a natural finish to match the camera, but it's a lot more practical...

Alans boards are excellent. I remember taking a board to Mr Alt and have it drilled-that cost me about $50 five years ago so I don't think Alan deserves the moniker of 'expensive' every time his name comes up when there are many others that deserve far worse ;-)

CP Goerz

Everything Alan makes is excellent and highly justified pricing wise. Super tight quality. Most photogs feel fine about billing out the arse, but when it comes time to pay for quality work they cheap out. I make lensboards for 25 bucks and people are still to cheap to pay it! Maybe I should charge by hour my photo rate?

• 1 year later...