makes of size 00 shutter lenses??

damon_perrott

I bought an old seneca wooden field camera which was modified my it's owner to

take modern LF lenses (at least modern like last 50 years). However the lens

board and camera opening are for a size 00 shutter. I am trying to generate a

list of which lenses were made in that size. I know only of a few Schneider

lenses. Does anyone know of makes and types of any other 00 lenses???? thanks

That's right. Few LF lenses were mounted in #00 shutters. Most are too big to fit. The #00 was used, typically, to hold a normal lens on a 35 mm folding camera, e.g., Kodak Retina.

Decide which lens/shutter you want to start with, then drill your board or have it drilled to accept it.

I have a pocket seneca No.29. I actually figured that the best thing to do would be to drill a new hole being that there are so many lenses in the size 0 available compared to 00. Only problem is right behing the removable lensboard that the owner created, the seneca bellows has a fixed lensboard that is also a size 00. I would be nervous about drilling that. If i screw up the removable lensboard I could always make a new but but not so with the bellows lensboard. Curious about this comment---The #00 was used, typically, to hold a normal lens on a 35 mm folding camera, e.g., Kodak Retina----- are you saying that a size 00 was typically used to hold a 35mm lens in a folder?? as for this--I have a 50 mm Componon enlarging lens in a 00 shutter used for closeup shooting and copying. Not much else fits----How do you fit an enlarging lens with a shutter?? does this work well for 4x5??? the super angulon was really the only lens that i have ever heard of. By the way anone ever had succes with using a modern LF lens on a very old field camera?? THe origional owner of mine said he moved the viewing glass back to correctly align for film. If it works, this would prbably be the lightest field camera i have ever held. could easily pack with 35mm equipment on hikes and not even notice.

I have a 105/5.6 Symmar (1960) and a 47/5.6 Super Angulon (1973) in Compur 00s. They are a pain to use, especially the Symmar, both because of the lack of a press focus and because of the miniscule numerals on the aperture scale. Neither of these is strictly speaking a LF lens, because they cover 6 x 9 negatives.

I also have a 75/4.5 Comparon (1973) in a Prontor 00. You can occasionally find enlarging lenses like this in shutters, and they make fine macro lenses. Regular shutterless enlarging lenses can be adapted but they will not generally not screw directly into a shutter.