Jupiter lens etc. on modern camera

There was the Voigtlander R2S (Nikon mount) and R2C (Contax mount), so yes, if you consider them to still be in production. They are suspended but I think there is new stock still left.

There is no other way to get a TTL meter and lever wind on a Contax. They will not accept the prewar Biogon or Jupiter 12 35/2.8 lenses.

Per Nicolas's post, there are alternatives to the Cook & Perkins adapter. There are the equally pricey, but more versatile, Orion adapters from roughly the same era (Gandy has a good discussion of both @ http://www.cameraquest.com/adapter.htm), & modern reproductions of the Orion, which are almost as pricey (about the same cost as the R2S/R2C body alone--yes, I have 1). Finally, some folks on the Rangefinder & Leica Photography fora are attempting to pay SK Grimes to make some new adapters using old Kiev mounts:

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00BMHY

Christopher, I love photography and I like classic cameras, lenses and accessories very (too ?) much. I certainly have more stuff in my cupboard than I could daily use even if I stopped working for a couple of years. And I have to confess (duh !) that I have a few cameras and lenses I have never used since I got them - my days are 24 hours long only, alas. But I promise to change my policy.

But there are some limits beyond which it's nothing else than madness IMHO.

On one hand, I mentioned the C&P adapter just to kid with Mike :-)

On the second hand, if I had a Leica M, I would probably have some M-bayonet Leitz lenses, or at least one, probably a 2/35mm Summicron. But I don't need any M because I've a Leica IIIf fitted with a 2/50 collapsible Summicron that costed me the price of a basic CLA plus the lens repolishing job and I'm happy with it. So I don't need to fit my Sonnars on the Leica body, they are feeling good on the Contaxes.

On the third hand (well, I'm a Martian :-)), paying $1999.00 (Cook & Perkins) or $1800.00 (Orion) for an adapter is not for me !!!

And I assume it's not for most of that forum fellows either... :-)

Nicolas, no need to apologize. However, you don't need to spend $1800-1900 on an old Contax-to-LTM adapter when folks are working on creating new ones for a few $100 (& the current Japanese ones are much less than $1800-1900, but still pricey)! I personally would only recommend these adapters to someone who already has an extensive collection of Contax/Kiev/Nikon RF lenses *&* has some compelling reason to mount them on a Leica body.

Yeah I've seen those adapters on ebay. STUPIDITY! Besides, they still can't focus as accurately as a Contax II :)

I haven't heard lately about how the Kiev-based one's are coming along from some of the Leica users.