D100 Battery Pack

bill_harris1

One of the reasons I prefer this camera (besides being great) is

because of the "battery pack"...I can shoot some 600 shots or better

withour recharging..I have heard of various other numbers some in

the 8/900 range. As I am a big guy I like the weight of the camera

with a flip bracket on it.

It reminds me so much of my beloved F5..

There is little item I have never seen mentioned in this forum, a

Lexar Jump Drive..Like the old saying "if you don't have one, get

one" I have a 256 MG. They are about the size of a Swiss Army

fingernail knife and plugs into a USB port.It's greatest feature is

it allows me to download my flash card and will run a full

screen "slide show" making it very simple to edit as you view it and

then download them to a CD from the Lexar. Just a thought some of

you might be interested in. I have no connection with Lexar.

I don't have the battery pack or the Lexar but wanted to add my two cents because I also consider my D100 to be a great camera. After all the heavy breathing over the D70 it is nice to see someone say that. Great handling, great feel in the hand, rugged, reliable, (D70 users eat your heart out) intuitively versatile, and great especially because I can easily use my great old Nikon MF, Ai lenses on it even without automatic metering, a crutch I wonder if many photogs today can function without.

Fancy matrix metering modes? So over-rated. Nice, of course, and of course I use them, but obsession with that is so silly. Like anyone is really going to tell the difference between F/11 and F/10.5. Do any of the AF generation remember or even heard of that old rule..."F8 and be there?" Is there a great camera out there that has all the latest features and still works easily with 20-30 year old lenses? Some of the greatest lenses ever made, I might add. Yes there is, and it's the (great) D100.

When doing the manual no metering thing you simply view the exposures for accuracy immediately in the D100 rear window, then quickly correct and re-shoot. No big deal. That's Instant Polarioid in 35mm format and what turned me on to digital in the first place.

Ah, but I rant. (P.S> did I mention I think the D100 is great?)

Myron, I totally agree with you. I use a couple of AI primes with my D100, no big deal!

BTW, does anybody still remember handheld meters! Hahaha! Yes, they work with digital

too!

As and for D70 comparro, the D100 finder is much easier on us eye-glasses wearers.

</rant off>

After two years and some 20,000 images I find I still get around 600 shots using the

original D100 battery. I also bought a spare battery, and with both charged up I can do

pretty heavy shooting for a week without being near an outlet. Nice. And I'm a big fan of

the D100 in general, despite having stepped down in build quality (and AF speed) from an

F100. The D100 just feels right, and I get excellent image quality from its RAW files. Sure,

I would love a D2X but nothing short of that really tempts me.<div>00BR8D-22265184.jpg.fd2d60ce2d19009b3df695e9a13fb1a9.jpg</div>