Anonymous Ratings not Anonymous

maria_s.

I was wondering if Photo.net is ready to abandon the rating system

altogether since its latest improvement, the anonymous rating, is

unfortunately not working -- everyone who wants to know who rated

them what finds a way. Participants in the TRP insanity keep little

logs of their ratings and easily connect a new name with each new

rating added to their entry (they have to spend hours before the

monitors to observe each new rating added -- isn't that sick, btw?).

Any prior behavior related to the rating anxiety haven't been

moderated -- the only difference is people now spend more time to

monitor closely their entries.

Wow, you'd almost think the "handful" of complainers about things like this was growing? Nah. Couldn't be.

Besides, why would someone who paid $25 for a membership like Maria did expect a little thing like revenge rating by people who DON'T pay to be handled deftly by admins?

<whistles>

Maria, get in line behind me - but feel free to share half of my sandwich while we wait. Is mustard ok?

LOL. Thanks Bob, but the sad little photo mart an hour drive away only has a very baseline selection of chemistry. They also didn't know that Pentax had a DSLR. Good folk.

Will keep that tucked under my hat for my next B&H order though.

Sorry to bust in on the party but yeah, I think it's pretty sick, sick and twisted that people would actually sit at their monitors and track raters. What's even more twisted is the people sitting at their monitors leaving low ratings to track the trackers. A vicious and corrupt cycle that never ends, next we'll have folks tracking the folks tracking the trackers on and on.

<p>

Just a thought but why is a 'one' any different than a 'seven'? Means nothing either way. Well, I take that back, I guess it might mean something to somebody (obviously) including the folks who post threads saying that it doesn't mean anything.

A 1/1 given by someone as retaliation means as much to me as a 7/7 given to fish for mate rate buddies or get recipricating feedback.

A batch of apparently honest low ratings means I need to stand back and look at my photo objectively again. Call me naive, but I thought that was the point.

An alteration of the form of a word by the addition of an affix, as in English dogs from dog, or by changing the form of a base, as in English spoke from speak, that indicates grammatical features such as number, person, mood, or tense.

"Photo.net is ready to abandon the rating system altogether since its latest improvement, the anonymous rating, is unfortunately not working"

The "Critique only" section is now available for every image-uploaders that don't like to receive ratings on their image. Go there. Period.

"Any prior behavior related to the rating anxiety haven't been moderated -- the only difference is people now spend more time to monitor closely their entries."

Uh, now we have a Susan Sontag on P.net...? What's next?

"Mother Mary comes to me

speaking words of weasdom,

Let it be, Let it be..."