Will a non-nikon battery work good with my d70?

ashah

Hey, I was wondering if a non-nikon battery, charger, and car

charger would work well with my d70. I dont want to harm my d70 in

any way and i wanted to know yalls opinions on this. I have one

nikon battery that came with my d70 and then i was lookin for a

backup battery which is compatiable with my d70 but its still not

nikon...what do yall think???

ashah

Having already spent a small fortune on a D70/18-70mm lens, filter, 1 gig cards etc (last year) it seemed silly not to get a Nikon brand spare battery just to save such a small amount of money. (If I had wanted to save money I would not have bought a DSLR in the first place.)

"Yes my good man, I would like to purchase that brand new BMW but before I do, please remove the recommended tyres and replace them with remoulds."

first thing I did with my BMW was to replace the tires with better ones... As it happens there are lots of tire manufacturers, and BMW's choice of tires doesn't necessarily agree with mine. I got a CE-certified D70 battery off ebay with the same voltage and higher capacity. Can't tell that it's any different than the original.

On the other hand, I bought an extra no-name battery for the D100 off one of the big *bay sellers. It worked good for exactly two full charges; since the third recharge, it will no longer hold a charge. Many, many followup emails to the seller were ignored. (Would be glad to tell you their name via email)